Register Now
DylanC

Games you regret buying?

1. Dreamfall: The Longest Journey Collector's Edition
I mainly bought this cause of The Longest Journey. I was a huge fan of TLJ but found myself immensely disappointed by Dreamfall. Long story short, I ended up selling the game itself and kept the goodies. Not sure where they are atm but probably somewhere.

2. Into the Dark
It tries to sell itself as a "so bad it's good" game but it's just bad. Janky programming and douchy developers who tries to excuse the lack of polish as an intentional style. Stay away.

3. Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition
Needs no explanation. While I didn't hate the game entirely, in fact I enjoyed a lot of it, it was still disappointing compared to what I was expecting. That being said the goodies that came with it such as the Powerloader statue, the patches and other nice stuff was really cool. Still not worth what I paid for it though.

4. Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex - First Assault Online
An online FPS set in the Ghost in the Shell universe shouldn't be that hard to sell and it wasn't. But holy shit, this game is janky as f***. And the amount of hackers is insane too. Not recommended.

5. Defiance
It later went free to play I think, but this MMO shooter is probably one of the most disappointing experiences I've had. Tied in with a mediocre TV show the game feels like a bland ripoff of Borderlands with less likeable characters. And some weird censorship going on, using "shtaco" instead of shit etc. Huge amount of glitches and just all around not very fun. Definitely regret paying for it.

Those are probably the only games I regret paying money for.

2 hours ago, Alyxx said:

3. Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition
Needs no explanation. While I didn't hate the game entirely, in fact I enjoyed a lot of it, it was still disappointing compared to what I was expecting. That being said the goodies that came with it such as the Powerloader statue, the patches and other nice stuff was really cool. Still not worth what I paid for it though.

I forgot about Aliens Colonial Marines! That game freaking sucked! Yep, I regretted that one, for sure. :classic_sad:

The games I regret buying might be hated due to my lack of knowledge.   They would have been Rayman and Paper Mario.  Anyway, as I hinted at, some cheat guides might have gotten me thru and/or helped me get more fun out of the starting level.

The first one that comes to mind for me isn't a game I would say I regret buying because I didn't like it but instead because I really never played it from getting it, despite the fact I was excited to play it and that is Sunset Overdrive. I have had this game now since it came out on Xbox One and I think I played it maybe once or twice after purchase and have never gone back. I still have the game now so I could go back but just  haven't had the time.

The second one which is definitely a "I wish I never bought this game" regret and that was Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. The game was just awful. I remember one day in November not long after it was released I play it for 2 hours and never went back to it. Unfortunately I got burned as I bought it digitally and not physically which was a huge mistake on my part!

2 hours ago, Shortie861 said:

The first one that comes to mind for me isn't a game I would say I regret buying because I didn't like it but instead because I really never played it from getting it, despite the fact I was excited to play it and that is Sunset Overdrive. I have had this game now since it came out on Xbox One and I think I played it maybe once or twice after purchase and have never gone back. I still have the game now so I could go back but just  haven't had the time.

The second one which is definitely a "I wish I never bought this game" regret and that was Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. The game was just awful. I remember one day in November not long after it was released I play it for 2 hours and never went back to it. Unfortunately I got burned as I bought it digitally and not physically which was a huge mistake on my part!

That's funny cause I absolutely loved Infinite Warfare. Remains one of my favourite CoDs.

4 hours ago, Shortie861 said:

Never got around to playing Sunset Overdrive but I did like Infinite Warfare. It's better than Ghosts, which I think is the worst modern COD imho. Thanks for commenting!

Every Humble Bundle I've ever bought haha, I don't regret it for the charity aspect of things but all the games I ever bought from there are games that now just clog up my Steam library and collect dust. I've loaded up a couple of them but they just do not do it for me... especially as I don't have time to actually dive into them anymore either! 

The one game that I hated and regret to purchase was Assassins creed 3, I was very hyped for that game, I bought it as soon as it came out, it is an awful game, full of potential but the story, the missions and the main character itself is very bad.
The gameplay not so bad, it had very good stuff that was later highlighted on Black Flag

22 hours ago, DylanC said:

Never got around to playing Sunset Overdrive but I did like Infinite Warfare. It's better than Ghosts, which I think is the worst modern COD imho. Thanks for commenting!

Ghosts I actually really enjoyed, at least the campaign. The multiplayer was kinda meh but it was historically significant in the series as the first CoD which allowed you to pick gender in multiplayer and customize your soldiers.

24 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

Ghosts I actually really enjoyed, at least the campaign. The multiplayer was kinda meh but it was historically significant in the series as the first CoD which allowed you to pick gender in multiplayer and customize your soldiers.

Oh, nice! I didn’t know that it was the first COD to allow you to pick your gender. That’s an interesting factoid!