Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
Jerlene

Titanic

Everyone always says how much they love Titanic. Most people can quote multiple lines and get very passionate about it. I on the other hand can't stand the movie. Do any of you feel the same way? 

I enjoyed the movie when it was first released and I will on the odd occasion watch it if I see it on the TV, however, I can't say I love the movie that much that I memorize the quotes or could watch it over and over. For me it's a movie that once you have watched it, you understand what happens and know what happens so going back over it becomes too much. I know people who have such an obsession over it they watch it a few times a week, it's such a long movie as well and I feel that is what puts me off watching it so much.

I think it's a movie a lot of people love to hate. The reason why differs from person to person, but I think this is mainly due to the movie's over-sentimental tone, and the fact many folks didn't like Leonardo DiCaprio at the time. I didn't mind it, but I'm a big fan of DiCaprio. Always thought he was a great actor since I saw him in The Basketball Diaries and What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

38 minutes ago, Rey said:

I have heard they are coming out with the titanic 2

Yeah, I read about it somewhere as well although I think they were going to do a remake although I could be wrong. All I know that is one less movie on my anticipated movies list.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah, I read about it somewhere as well although I think they were going to do a remake although I could be wrong. All I know that is one less movie on my anticipated movies list.

Yeah they are going to do a remake plus there’s going to be a real titanic ship setting sail I believe in 2020 or 2022

14 hours ago, Rey said:

Yeah they are going to do a remake plus there’s going to be a real titanic ship setting sail I believe in 2020 or 2022

I knew about the ship being built. Hopefully, it is iceberg-proof this time lol.