Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
fantanoice

Dreamcast

Did you ever own or play a Dreamcast? What were some of your favourite games on it? 

I picked one up recently but haven't played it much yet. I've grabbed Shenmue 1 and 2 which I'm excited to try before the third installment comes out. There are a few other titles like Skies of Arcadia that I want to try out as well. 

How about you? What were your Dreamcast experiences? 

I got one a few months ago when Gamestop was doing a deal. I was able to get a console, 4 controllers, and a couple of VMUs for a really good price. I also picked up a tremor pack later.

So far I also haven't messed with it too much. I did buy (and beat) Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles since the DC version is the best one. Aside from that, I also burned a couple of discs: a Gameshark disc and a VMU manager disc. I also tried to get VGA output running to my TV using a cheap cord, but it doesn't work on my main TV which lacks the VGA port. I may need to get a VGA box eventually, but I'll have to stick with composite for now.

Eventually I'm going to try out some more games. Shenmue and Power Stone for sure.

I never played a Dreamcast before but my boyfriend @Smokey absolutely loves the console and would argue that's his favorite console of all time.  He's always telling me to pick one up and try out a few games on it but I just never get around to doing so.

I never got hands on the console. However I do manage to play some of the games of dreamcast on the emulator. So thats one way I managed to enjoy it. There used to be some of the games like sonic and mario which were fun to play on dreamcast. Obviously this classic box is not going to be revived but it was nice while it was selling in that time. 

I never played a Dreamcast. However my friend adores the console and would contend that the support it is his most loved ever. He's continually guiding me to get one and try a couple of games on it, but I have never got around to doing it yet.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

I had a Dreamcast but didn't do much with it and then it was suddenly sold without telling me and I just took it like a man... I don't even know what the hell was up with that.

Anyways, my favorite games on the system were Sonic Adventure, and Crazy Taxi