Register Now
DylanC

Anyone else excited for a new Alien game?

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

If it's anything like the previous Alien game, I'll play it during the daytime lol.

I’m hoping it’s a nice mix between AvP and Isolation. A few traditional combat sequences would be welcome, as well as some edge of your seat horror and tension!

1 hour ago, DylanC said:

I’m hoping it’s a nice mix between AvP and Isolation. A few traditional combat sequences would be welcome, as well as some edge of your seat horror and tension!

This "Alien Blackout" IP was something I shared interest about when it came to the Game Awards. In fact, people thought we'd get an announcement for it there considering the timeline of events and how the Game Awards was taking a lot of design choices in terms of marketing around the Alien franchise. Of course, nowadays we know it wasn't true and we were none the wiser. However, I really do hope we get a new Alien game as good as Isolation

4 hours ago, DylanC said:

That would be awesome! Alien Isolation had me on the edge of my seat when I was playing it. I can't think of many games that have managed to do that to me in recent times.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That would be awesome! Alien Isolation had me on the edge of my seat when I was playing it. I can't think of many games that have managed to do that to me in recent times.

Aye, 2014 was a good year for horror. Both Alien Isolation and The Evil Within were absolutely incredible horror games. I'm pretty sure they both released within a few weeks of each other. Basically, horror games are like buses, right?

On 12/20/2018 at 11:42 AM, DylanC said:

Aye, 2014 was a good year for horror. Both Alien Isolation and The Evil Within were absolutely incredible horror games. I'm pretty sure they both released within a few weeks of each other. Basically, horror games are like buses, right?

lol. Now that you mention it, they all seem to just come out around the same period. Resident Evil and Silent used to come out in the same month back in the days...