Register Now
StaceyPowers

Oldest game you still play?

About 30 different NES and Atari games. All from the 70's and early 80's. The newest game I play on a regular basis is FF8 which came out in 1999. I'm not the biggest fan of new stuff, and I love the old stuff. Give me a game controller that has one button and a joystick with blocky dot matrix graphics, and you will have a very happy girl on your hands.

I still play Space Invaders and enjoy this game - the game started out as a arcade game at first, but saved the entire console market back in 1977 from the brink of death. This game was a godsend for the struggling console market and Atari back in the day.  

Edited by Folk Artist

I have Space Invaders on Atari. The actual cartridge and system. It's amazing to play it on there. But another masterpiece that belongs in every classic gamers library, is Galaga. Whether it works or not, you need to have a copy of it regardless of what system it's on. I play it on my GBA SP all the time. Mainly because I can take it anywhere.

Well, I still love playing Super Mario (Nintendo) and certainly I will never tire of playing this game (is not the oldest game in the overall ranking, but for me... it's, haha!). Besides being fantastic, is one of the happiest parts of my childhood.

Simply unforgettable!

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Castlevania Symphony Of The Night - A true masterpiece and one of the games that hooked my interest into the Castlevania Universe.

Same here. I play it all the time. My favorite thing is powering up Alucard. As soon as I get to the Colosseum I head straight to the bottom floor and start killing the Paranthropous repeatedly until he drops 2 Ring Of Varda. Those rings up your stats so severely, you'll wonder how the hell you ever progressed through the game without them. Also if you're having troubles beating Galamoth in the Floating Catacombs, just Power the Alucard with the shield rod. Hold it up on his ankle and he's toast. If you want the best armor in the game, it's the God's Garb. You get it from the armor lords in the Black Marble Gallery. If you want the absolute best sword in the entire game you have no choice but to go to the Forbidden Library. Kill the Schmoo until it drops the Crissaegrim. You'll thank me later.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Same here. I play it all the time. My favorite thing is powering up Alucard. As soon as I get to the Colosseum I head straight to the bottom floor and start killing the Paranthropous repeatedly until he drops 2 Ring Of Varda. Those rings up your stats so severely, you'll wonder how the hell you ever progressed through the game without them. Also if you're having troubles beating Galamoth in the Floating Catacombs, just Power the Alucard with the shield rod. Hold it up on his ankle and he's toast. If you want the best armor in the game, it's the God's Garb. You get it from the armor lords in the Black Marble Gallery. If you want the absolute best sword in the entire game you have no choice but to go to the Forbidden Library. Kill the Schmoo until it drops the Crissaegrim. You'll thank me later.

God's Garb and Ring of Varda are two must-haves for me as well. A bit off topic but I noticed that most of the Castlevania games that came after nerfed Alucard because I distinctly remember them saying Alucard is almost as strong as Dracula without the weaknesses a full vampire has. Dracula thought Alucard would make the ultimate companion in battle so I find it odd that in subsequent games, Alucard can barely match Dracula.