Register Now
StaceyPowers

Oldest game you still play?

Probably the OG Silent Hill title from 1999. I still play that every so often. I also like playing a lot of MP games from the PS3 era like Aliens Vs Predator, BLOPS 1 and 2, though admittedly they're really not that old I suppose.

The oldest game I still currently play, would definitely be StarCraft. I haven't yet forked out the money for the remastered edition, which has some graphic updates and cinematic updates. But I am playing it on an almost daily basis. I probably should get myself the 3 campaign series to StarCraft 2, to update myself on what they have done to finish the broodwar storyline.

One of the oldest games I remember that I still play because it's available on Xbox One is Alex The Kidd. I loved this game as a kid when we got the Sega Master System and spent hours trying to complete it with my cousin. Going back through it on the Xbox One brings back a lot of memories, however, I find that I struggle more now on it than I did as a kid! Not sure if that is just something that happens or not as you get older but I am lucky to get past the first part sometimes!

One of the oldest fames that I am still playing as of today is Tetris. I play Retro Games on a day to day basis and enjoy playing classic games on my PC. Tetris was released on 1984 and it was one of the most popular video games in the 80's. Shaped blocks will fall from the top of your smart screen and and the aim of Tetris is to fit all of the  coloured blocks together.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

Wow. What console do you play a game from 1999 on? lol I know that there are consoles like the PlayStation that will allow you to play games from earlier generations, but I would imagine the graphics are pretty horrible. I tried playing Jet Moto and Coolboarders, which are my PlayStation (1) games, on my PlayStation 3 but I couldn't play it for too long. The graphics were bearable but the game itself was boring. I didn't realize how advanced games have become, not until I played those games. I do play Spyro still though, which is also from my PlayStation (1) and PlayStation 2. The graphics are okay but it seems very pixelated.