Jump to content
Register Now
Jerlene

Disney Remakes

Recommended Posts

I am so looking forward to the Lion King Remake! I saw images and the trailer for it the other day and I can not believe how realistic the graphics are but just how well they have followed the original as well! I have a feeling that Lion King may just be my most favourite remake from Disney just because Lion King was always my favourite Disney movie and seeing as remake like this and how cute Simba looks will just be amazing! Is it July 2019 yet? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 8:09 PM, Alyxx said:

I've never been into the Disney remakes. I find they often lack what made the original movies so good and feel like they just try to "update" them too much with live action and CGI. I'd rather they just re-release the classics personally.

Same thing I said. In fact, that goes for most remakes - the very special moments can never truly be remade because the actors and their interaction at that moment can never be done the same way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lee said:

I want to see a remake of Aladdin 😄

You have to tell the younger generation who Aladdin is because they would not know that such a character exists. On a more serious note though, Aladdin is one of Disney's most underrated characters and the original cartoon series made me laugh my socks off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 8:09 PM, Alyxx said:

I've never been into the Disney remakes. I find they often lack what made the original movies so good and feel like they just try to "update" them too much with live action and CGI. I'd rather they just re-release the classics personally.

I agree with this. 

Lion King has always been my favorite movie (even still), and I'm just really skeptical about this remake. I don't understand why they replaced all the voice actors except for James Earl Jones either. If they're gonna have a new cast, replace everyone I'd say. It's not like Matthew Broderick is back as Simba, and that's the main character. 

This probably makes me sound old but I also find computer animation to be overrated. It was a cool novelty when Toy Story came out but now they don't hand draw any movies anymore, and I feel like that was a big part of what made their older movies so charming and amazing. I do recognize that computer animation is just as artistic, but it doesn't age as well as the hand drawn movies. They just have a timeless look to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cleopatra92 said:

I agree with this. 

Lion King has always been my favorite movie (even still), and I'm just really skeptical about this remake. I don't understand why they replaced all the voice actors except for James Earl Jones either. If they're gonna have a new cast, replace everyone I'd say. It's not like Matthew Broderick is back as Simba, and that's the main character. 

This probably makes me sound old but I also find computer animation to be overrated. It was a cool novelty when Toy Story came out but now they don't hand draw any movies anymore, and I feel like that was a big part of what made their older movies so charming and amazing. I do recognize that computer animation is just as artistic, but it doesn't age as well as the hand drawn movies. They just have a timeless look to me. 

Yeah I have no expectations of the Lion King remake even coming close to capturing the hand drawn magic of the original...

I just don't get why they can't just re-release the movies and let them stand on their own...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cleopatra92 said:

I know I would definitely pay to see the Lion King in the theatre again lol 

And parents could bring their kids so they could see the original again with new eyes, instead of whatever "updated" CGI crap they're gonna release...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 2:32 PM, Alyxx said:

And parents could bring their kids so they could see the original again with new eyes, instead of whatever "updated" CGI crap they're gonna release...

I agree. CGI ruins most freaking cartoons nowadays - Except for a few instances, I have yet to see why CGI is really any better than an artist drawing the entire thing. It may be efficient in terms of time but the quality of the cartoon in question suffers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...