Register Now
DylanC

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition PC for only £2.49

I absolutely loved Shadow of Mordor, more so than War, as it was of adequate length and breadth. I strongly recommend it for the Nemesis system alone; the movement, the assassination, and collectable goodies are all bonuses. For that price you can't go wrong.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I absolutely despised this game when it came out. The impression I got from all the marketing was that it would be a lone Godorian Ranger up against the armies of Mordor where the player would to use strategy in order to progress and survive. The truth is you just run like an invincible idiot and it's patheticly easy.

The characters are about as interesting as cardboard, the story is instantly forgettable, the main character is stupidity overpowered rendering most of the loot and skill tree upgrades utterly pointless and it features some if most broken stealth detection I have ever experienced in a modern game.

I beat the game killing or enslaving literally every single Orc from Captin to Overlord before I was even half way through the skill trees with only basic runes. 

The stealth detection is so broken you can literally sprint across open fields or even through crowds of enemys and still get stealth kills.  They loose track of after breaking their line of sight for only a few seconds and you can kill one Orc and his buddies just a few feet away won't notice a thing unless their staring streight at him.

Even if by some miracle you are caught it doesn't even matter.  In combat you can simply spam combat finishers over and over using wraith strike. I once survived surrounded for over half an hour barely getting touched.  Even the final boss' and the "Black Hand" are total joke.

There are two things in this game that are ANY threat to you.  High level 17+ Orcs that are immune to stealth, and your own lapsing concentration.

Even the much acclaimed Nemesis System is broken.  My "nemesis" once interrupted me during an execution, and it was random Orc I'd never seen before in the entire game.  I once encountered an Orc who was afraid of everything including me and, would just run like a pussy and I don't blame him.

The worst thing though is the story and characters.  Have you ever walked out of a movie theatre and feel like you've already forgotten the movie you just got done watching?  That's this game in a nutshell, it leaves Zero Impact.  It's bland, boring and doesn't feel like Lord of the Rings at all.  Despite some great voice talent from the likes of Nolan North and Troy Baker the characters are even more bland than the story.  The main character in particular Talion (Baker) is every dull generic white guy you've ever seen.

I don't mean to discredit any who likes the game but consumers need to be informed before making a purchase at any price and I'm giving consumer advice.  If you are a fan of stealth, expect a challenge or a good LOTR story, do not waste any amount of time or money on this game.

Edited by Crazycrab

Locking this thread as the game is no longer available at the prices that have been posted. I wish to offer a reminder to @DylanC,  @Reality vs Adventure and @Empire that posts in this section;

1. Need to be timestamped, showing when the deal begins and ends, and
  2. Needs to show clearly the actual sale price in the post.

If anyone is confused by the rules, please refer to Rules and Guidelines regarding posts in this section.

622050637_videogamedeals.thumb.PNG.55867186365d0ad062fd8414daf474b3.PNG