Register Now
DylanC

Most influential game of all time?

1 hour ago, DC said:

Wow this is a great question and super subjective. I'd put Super Mario Bros and Minecraft at the top of my list. You could probably make a strong argument for GTA III and Modern Warfare 3 as well, right?

There’s definitely a case to be made for Super Mario Bros and Minecraft. Both games made a huge impact on gaming’s DNA. GTA III and Modern Warfare III were influential, for sure. Out of the COD titles I think MW1 probably made the biggest impact culturally imho.

The most influential game of all time, that's a really tough one, considering it's influential. We could be here all day listing our favorite games, but this isn't about our favorites. It's about one that made history, is talked about often, and so on. 

I honestly can't think of anything. Maybe one of the N64 Legend of Zelda games, because they seem to get the most praise, even more so than the original classics. We have to think of influential, something that inspired other creators, made gamers happy, and caused more sequels to come out. 

That feels like Zelda to me, but I may be wrong on that. 

On 3/1/2022 at 8:00 AM, Justin11 said:

Minecraft is a popular one, most influential due to the players involvement in the game and it is a seasonal kind of game that is playable online. 

I was definitely going to mention that game Minecraft because even though that it's old, it's laid a strong foundation in the gaming industry. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

I was definitely going to mention that game Minecraft because even though that it's old, it's laid a strong foundation in the gaming industry. 

Yes, it's community is one of the biggest at the moment. I've seen some gaming communities operating on just Minecraft niche, simply updating news and all other related stuffs around Minecraft to users. 

On 11/25/2018 at 7:20 PM, DylanC said:

I think DOOM is possibly the most influential game of all time. What do y'all reckon?

Call of Duty is the most influential game over here. A lot of folks play it here and there are lots of tournaments that gamers organize too.

On 3/3/2022 at 1:22 PM, Empire said:

Um I'm not a fan personally but I think minecraft is a glaring omission.

Yeah, that's for sure one video game that's targeted and revolutionized the world of video games.