Register Now
StaceyPowers

Scariest game you ever played?

I don't get ever scared in horror games. What's up with that? Is there something wrong with me? The only thing I remember is just getting a bit startled in Layers of Fear in the kitchen-fruit scene. Apart from that, not even P.T managed to scare me 😢 And I love the thrill of horror games so f-ing much. Such a pity

On 11/28/2018 at 9:51 AM, Katri Marcell said:

I don't get ever scared in horror games. What's up with that? Is there something wrong with me? The only thing I remember is just getting a bit startled in Layers of Fear in the kitchen-fruit scene. Apart from that, not even P.T managed to scare me 😢 And I love the thrill of horror games so f-ing much. Such a pity

Try Alien Isolation and then tell me you don't ever get scared. Normally, most horror games don't frighten me at all either but Alien Isolation had me hyperventilating whenever an Alien was nearby or I felt like one was close enough. The way the game's music suddenly becomes so drastic - it truly immerses you in the experience that you are on a Space Vessel with an extremely deadly creature.

On 12/27/2018 at 2:11 AM, killamch89 said:

Try Alien Isolation and then tell me you don't ever get scared. Normally, most horror games don't frighten me at all either but Alien Isolation had me hyperventilating whenever an Alien was nearby or I felt like one was close enough. The way the game's music suddenly becomes so drastic - it truly immerses you in the experience that you are on a Space Vessel with an extremely deadly creature.

That's totally true! I haven't played much of Alien Isolation but all games in claustrophobic sci-fi spaces like Dead Space, Hollow and SOMA are definitely doing the trick. Even though I'm still searching for a ghost-demon game that will be true to the genre

7 hours ago, Katri Marcell said:

That's totally true! I haven't played much of Alien Isolation but all games in claustrophobic sci-fi spaces like Dead Space, Hollow and SOMA are definitely doing the trick. Even though I'm still searching for a ghost-demon game that will be true to the genre

I know what you mean...You won't find anything along the lines of "The Exorcist" movies - It's always zombies or aliens.

5 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Nothing beats Silent Hill. That game manages to get you scared big time.

I was watching some Resident Evil 7 gameplay last night and I am sh*t myself...Now that is one scary freaking game! It certainly gives Alien: Isolation a run for its money.

11 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I know what you mean...You won't find anything along the lines of "The Exorcist" movies - It's always zombies or aliens.

I was watching some Resident Evil 7 gameplay last night and I am sh*t myself...Now that is one scary freaking game! It certainly gives Alien: Isolation a run for its money.

Yeah, well. Imagine how scary Resi 2 is now that they have learned how to make games like Resi 7

6 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

Yeah, well. Imagine how scary Resi 2 is now that they have learned how to make games like Resi 7

What if they go back to the old style of the early Resident Evil games though. It is not like a completely new game and they can't really change the story or gameplay elements very much or else most of the RE fanbase will complain about it.