Register Now
kingpotato

Playstation plus vs the Xbox Live

What's your opinion on the Playstation plus membership vs the Xbox Live?

I still use my Xbox live membership on my Xbox 360, I like it very much, specially the discounts and the monthly free games. Now for Christmas I'm getting a PS4 but I heard that the PS plus is not worth it aside from using it to play online games.

PS Plus is great. The monthly free games are usually very good titles. As an online experience, I'd probably say that Xbox Live edges it (MS has a better online infrastructure). That said, both are terrific services. If you play a lot of online games on PS4, I'd say go for PS Plus. 

Neither of them are great really. Unfortunately, we have to buy either one of them if we want to play online. Out of the two, I do think that Xbox Live is slightly better because of the fact that the free games offered by it are slightly better. In terms of online, I do think that PlayStation is much better. The fact that there are less kids on PlayStation compared to Xbox makes the online gaming experience better.

I'm an xbox girl. I don't really get on with the playstation and I saw they raised their prices for Playstation Plus not long ago. I've only played a handful of games on my PS4 and I don't really bother with it personally. I find xbox gives you better games each month with their games with gold service though.  I'm hoping for the day we see cross platform play so we can play with people regardless of what console they are on.

Neither of them are great, but if I had to choose -I'm an Xbox Fanboy. I enjoy the monthly free games along with the special discounts and cheap membership compared to PS prices. Personally, I think it's outrageous that gaming companies can get way with charging for a service that you are already paying for. You are already giving money to your internet service provider! 

On 1/2/2019 at 11:38 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

Neither of them are great, but if I had to choose -I'm an Xbox Fanboy. I enjoy the monthly free games along with the special discounts and cheap membership compared to PS prices. Personally, I think it's outrageous that gaming companies can get way with charging for a service that you are already paying for. You are already giving money to your internet service provider! 

I agree that neither of them are great and I do like the fact that Xbox Live does give away free games monthly but I am quite on the fence about this one.

I might end up getting a PS Plus subscription after all, I didn't liked the idea at first but I just notice that I only have about 100 gb of storage left on my hard drive and there are still 2-3 games I do want for my ps4 so in order to save storage and money I'm going to get the service for a whole year and spend my time in multiplayer and take advantage of the free games. Besides getting a new hard drive might be more expensive or about the same price.

On 11/28/2018 at 10:05 PM, kingpotato said:

What's your opinion on the Playstation plus membership vs the Xbox Live?

I still use my Xbox live membership on my Xbox 360, I like it very much, specially the discounts and the monthly free games. Now for Christmas I'm getting a PS4 but I heard that the PS plus is not worth it aside from using it to play online games.

I'm actually a Playstation fan but I will definitely be honest when it's necessary like on this comparison between PS Plus and Xbox Live, the latter offers better deals. 

I never really got my time registering on the PS plus membership as a play station user. I don't know of such feature is permitted for PS3 console? that's the one I'm managing, since it's old and outdated version it might not be possible to get a pro membership with it. 

On 8/26/2020 at 5:55 AM, Oliver said:

I like the Xbox the controllers really haven't changed much and if you look at comparisons of the Xbox and PS4 controllers the Xbox has superior usability and feel

The ps4 has better specs

Being a fan of Playstation 4, it's something that I would easily agree with you on because it's quite interesting playing with PS4 console.