Register Now
StaceyPowers

What gaming franchise do you hope lasts forever?

I’ve seen some people suggest recently that Fallout 76 has been such a letdown commercially that the Fallout series should just be abandoned outright. I think that’d be a ridiculous mistake. Fallout is fertile ground for many great adventures to come, and I’d be crushed if they quit making Fallout games.

Are there gaming franchises you also hope will get new games until the end of time?

I'm a huge fan of Call of Duty and have been for so many years. My brothers started me off by letting me play with them. They still play it today. I remember the first one that I played was Modern Warfare, just the original one. It was amazing, more than enough to get me hooked. My favourite one is Modern Warfare 2, though. Everything after that stopped being true to the franchise. But they're still good. lol I'm a fan of Black Ops and what not. 

I would have to say that the Halo Franchise would be the one I would love to see stick around for a long time to come. I was a huge fan of Halo 3 and from there I played Halo Reach and ODST and then moved onto Halo 4 and now I play a lot of the Master Chief collection. It's never been a game I have been bored of at all and could see it going for years and years to come or at least I hope.

It's to say but if I had to choose one then I would definitely go for the Grand Theft Auto series. It would be amazing to see how far the series goes and whether they start going for a more futuristic setting one day or stick with always going for a current setting. Plus, it's extremely fun and I just love being able to explore an open world and being able to drive wherever I want so hopefully the game never ends.

On 12/15/2018 at 1:16 AM, DylanC said:

Elder Scrolls

Fallout

Silent Hill

Bloodborne

Zelda

Resident Evil

Dark Souls

The Last Of Us

I will disagree with the Last of us, I do hope we get a trilogy , but i have my doubts about anything after that. Its like that Batman quote, "You either die a hero or you live enough to see yourself become the villain"

2 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Assassins's Creed---"spin spin suga; spin spin suga" You know you are tempted to agree. 😍

I just want them to stop trying to monetize the game at every turn. Activision and EA continuously ruin potentially great games because of this.

Anyone got any thoughts about Pokemon lasting forever? As a kid I was always excited when new Pokemon were released but as I got older there just became too many generations to keep track of as more and more kept coming out. 

I would like to see God Of War last for the foreseeable future. I love that series. There's a couple other franchises that I love also, but feel they have run their course. Zelda and Mario take the front seat on that.

Edited by The Blackangel

I'm not a fan of dragging things out to the bitter end. Games that are only loosely connected to each other can last a long time, like GTA or Assassin's Creed, but otherwise I don't think doing more than one or two sequels is wise.