Register Now
StaceyPowers

What gaming franchise do you hope lasts forever?

8 hours ago, m76 said:

I'm not a fan of dragging things out to the bitter end. Games that are only loosely connected to each other can last a long time, like GTA or Assassin's Creed, but otherwise I don't think doing more than one or two sequels is wise.

I do have to agree. Too many sequels can ruin a franchise. The Friday The 13th movie franchise is a prime example of that. And games are no exception. A few sequels can be great. It can be a genius idea, if it mixes it up. Look at the 3 Mario games on NES. SMB3 spawned more than just one of the most popular and best selling games in gaming history. But if you look at all the Mario games since, they're not much to be proud of.

With GoW, I would like to see them go back to their original formula, as I didn't really like the newest one on PS4. It just didn't feel like a GoW game to me. Chains Of Olympus was always my favorite in the series. I wish I could get it on Switch, but PlayStation is as likely to release it as Nintendo is to release Zelda again.

On 5/2/2021 at 10:53 AM, The Blackangel said:

I do have to agree. Too many sequels can ruin a franchise. The Friday The 13th movie franchise is a prime example of that. And games are no exception. A few sequels can be great. It can be a genius idea, if it mixes it up. Look at the 3 Mario games on NES. SMB3 spawned more than just one of the most popular and best selling games in gaming history. But if you look at all the Mario games since, they're not much to be proud of.

With GoW, I would like to see them go back to their original formula, as I didn't really like the newest one on PS4. It just didn't feel like a GoW game to me. Chains Of Olympus was always my favorite in the series. I wish I could get it on Switch, but PlayStation is as likely to release it as Nintendo is to release Zelda again.

Elder Scrolls and Fallout is also guilty of releasing sequels that are loosely related to the original. However, in the ES universe, multiple events can be taking place simultaneously during a Dragon Break. The lore does make sense for the moment and most things follow a chronological order but the relation between multiple games is very loose.

On 12/14/2018 at 8:13 PM, Jerlene said:

I'm a huge fan of Call of Duty and have been for so many years. My brothers started me off by letting me play with them. They still play it today. I remember the first one that I played was Modern Warfare, just the original one. It was amazing, more than enough to get me hooked. My favourite one is Modern Warfare 2, though. Everything after that stopped being true to the franchise. But they're still good. lol I'm a fan of Black Ops and what not. 

Seriously, Call of Duty is one of my all time favorites and having it to last forever is something I would definitely love to see happen. 

On 7/24/2021 at 2:27 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I got my wish with AC Infinity; just not the way I wanted it. Careful what you wish for. 

What exactly was your wish with AC Infinity? Maybe if you didn't get your wish exactly the way you wanted, you could wish for another 😂