Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most hours you ever poured into a game?

I keep seeing headlines lately about parents freaking out about their kids’ “Fortnite addiction,” i.e. spending 12 hours a day in the game.

That wasn’t uncommon for me in high school at all though, at least on weekends. It was a different game (a text-based MMO), and on weekdays it was closer to six hours a day. My life was pretty imbalanced, and my grades did drop for a year, but it gave me a lot of useful life experience in terms of social learning that I wouldn’t have gotten anywhere else. It made me a very fast typist too.

I did put a lot of hours into that game, but a number of players I knew put in even more.

What’s the most time you have ever spent on a game? Which game? And did it mess up your life or not?

It has to be Grand Theft Auto Online for me. When it first came out, I actually stayed at home so that I could play it as soon as possible. It was funny because the servers were are actually mess on that first day. But I loved it after that. It was so much fun for the first few years until the microtransactions ended all the fun. I remember having a 4-5 hour session once with my friends on GTA so it's no surprise that I spent so much hours on the game.

The most time I ever specifically put into a game that I was really dedicated to, was 7-10 hours per day. There was this online MMORPG Text based game I used to play, that because of my dedication, led me to the role of being the support forum admin and the game wiki admin. I played there for 7 years before I decided to go elsewhere and dedicate myself to something else. Though I did learn pretty valuable moderation experience from doing that for this game for 7 years.

Black Ops 1 (I’m Prestige 15 on Xbox 360 and Prestige 4 on PS3), Oblivion (easily 500 hours), Aliens Vs Predator (easily 500 hours in MP and SP), Fallout New Vegas (500+ Hours), FTL (500+), Pixel Junk Monsters(1000+) and Skyrim (500+).

Edited by DylanC

I remember Rainbow Six Vegas 2 was a game I spent around 9 months on straight playing around 6 - 8 hours a day back when it was released. Did it ruin my life? No. It was something I did that helped me at my most difficult times especially when I was playing with friends during that time. I believe the whole worry with kids playing Fortnite for as long as they do is because of how the game makes kids. Rage is high with a game like Fortnite so with them spending time on a game like Fortnite say for around 12 hours with that rage added on, it can sometimes feel like too much.

19 hours ago, Rey said:

Too many hours to even remember lol

Same here, to many hours to recall. The video game was GTA 5 (Grand Theft Auto Five). It's a addicting and fun video game.  I feel free with endless possibilities in the console game as there are a lot of tasks that replicate the real world, from scuba diving to causing chaos in online lobbies and various types of racing. For me, time flies by when I'm gaming as I was addictive to various activities in the video game. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

On 12/31/2018 at 9:37 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

Same here, to many hours to recall. The video game was GTA 5 (Grand Theft Auto Five). It's a addicting and fun video game.  I feel free with endless possibilities in the console game as there are a lot of tasks that replicate the real world, from scuba diving to causing chaos in online lobbies and various types of racing. For me, time flies by when I'm gaming as I was addictive to various activities in the video game. 

I used to spend hours with my crew in GTA V online hunting down other rival crews and there would be mass wars in the city but with these back to the future vehicles such as the Oppressor MKII, it has ruined the game completely.

I think I have spent countless hours into Serious Sam, return to castle wolfestein and Bioshock. Those are some of the games where I have spent a lot of time. And it kind of get into my memory. I think GTA and NFS were too easy for me and I got bored with them pretty quickly too. I guess for each one of us it can be pretty different experience on that count. Hope things change in near future. 

Skyrim, Dragon Age Origins, The Sims 2, and The Sims 4 are probably my most played games. If you put the Sims 2 and 4 together that would definitely win. I just can get so lost in the Sims, so even though I wouldn't consider it my favorite (DA Origins is what I consider my favorite), it probably wins using just the number of hours lol.