Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most beautiful architecture in games?

What games feature the most beautiful architecture? Most recently, Bioshock Infinite amazed me in this respect (I’ve also been enjoying checking out concept art that was never used –it’s amazing how much beautiful design work never made it to the finished game). But I also love the architecture in the Fallout games (I really like Streamline Moderne).  I enjoy the other design work (typefaces, advertisements, etc.) in both as well.

Skyrim jumps to mind, though Fallout 3, New Vegas, Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite all have impressive architecture. Skyrim’s towns are very believable and some are beautiful (Whiterun, for example). Fallout 3’s Megaton is cool. And Rapture and Columbia are iconic video game cities.

I always enjoyed the Stone architecture of Markarth in Skyrim.  Witcher 3 also had some really impressive cities.  Horizon ZD also has one that comes to mind, the main Carja city is really impressive.  I remember when you first approach it in game, you are on this heavily wooded path increasing in elevation until it appears on the horizon on this big raised plateau with these massive bridges leading to it, its a pretty breathtaking moment in that game. 

5 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Guild Wars 2 features some amazing architecture.

I haven't played this game in ages! I was there when it was pay to play and even though it was a pretty solid experience, I just found playing it and Champions Online too time-consuming for my taste.