Register Now
DylanC

Best online multiplayer experiences?

I'd probably go for either Call of Duty: Modern Warfare or Call of Duty: World At War, personally. The former for the groundbreaking MP modes and the latter for the fresh and uber addictive Zombies mode. I also loved Aliens Vs Predator's online MP modes, like Infestation and Species Team Deathmatch. What're yours?

On 12/6/2018 at 5:51 PM, Alyxx said:

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 was my first true online multiplayer experience.

Modern Warfare 3’s MP is a lot of fun. I’m pretty sure it’s the first title in the series to feature Infected mode which was really addictive. 

On 12/6/2018 at 9:36 PM, kingpotato said:

For me it will be Halo 3, maybe not the best multiplayer compared to other games, but Halo 3 will always have a place in my heart.

Nice choice! I spent a ton of hours playing the Firefight horde mode with friends. Great times!

It's tough to say what the best online multiplayer experience was. There are two different categories for me. The first would have to be best with friends and for me, that would have to be Battlefield 4 or Black Ops 3. I just had so much fun playing both those games with friends late into the night. In terms of overall, it's tough to not say Grand Theft Auto Online. And Red Dead Redemption 2 is close to becoming a great multiplayer experience as well. GTA Online before all the microtransactions was so much fun to play and the fact you could buy apartments and cars was just so great.

On 12/8/2018 at 7:40 AM, DarthHazard said:

It's tough to say what the best online multiplayer experience was. There are two different categories for me. The first would have to be best with friends and for me, that would have to be Battlefield 4 or Black Ops 3. I just had so much fun playing both those games with friends late into the night. In terms of overall, it's tough to not say Grand Theft Auto Online. And Red Dead Redemption 2 is close to becoming a great multiplayer experience as well. GTA Online before all the microtransactions was so much fun to play and the fact you could buy apartments and cars was just so great.

Agree with you about GTA V online and Red Dead Redemptions 2 although RDR2 is still in beta. I can't wait to get the polished version.

The game has a whole (Red Dead Redemption 2 of course) is great. But yeah, as you said, it's still in Beta so I cannot wait to try out and enjoy the polished version. There still needs to be a lot of new content added to the game because the world does feel a bit boring and empty after a while. The lack of missions and free roam events is prominent but I guess we forget that GTA Online launched like this so I'm sure Rockstar will keep adding new content.

19 minutes ago, DarthHazard said:

The game has a whole (Red Dead Redemption 2 of course) is great. But yeah, as you said, it's still in Beta so I cannot wait to try out and enjoy the polished version. There still needs to be a lot of new content added to the game because the world does feel a bit boring and empty after a while. The lack of missions and free roam events is prominent but I guess we forget that GTA Online launched like this so I'm sure Rockstar will keep adding new content.

I saw the new DLC and some of the vehicles are cool but the atomizer weapon that they released on Christmas is way too overpowered. The one problem I have with GTA V nowadays is that they are throwing in any and everything into the game. Hover Bikes, flying cars, futuristic weapons - to be honest, I don't know if it's GTA or Saints Row anymore.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I saw the new DLC and some of the vehicles are cool but the atomizer weapon that they released on Christmas is way too overpowered. The one problem I have with GTA V nowadays is that they are throwing in any and everything into the game. Hover Bikes, flying cars, futuristic weapons - to be honest, I don't know if it's GTA or Saints Row anymore.

I could literally copy and paste your post because I think the exact same. It's the one reason that I stopped playing Grand Theft Auto V. I loved the online part of the game when it first came out because it was fun, even with the grinding, it wasn't too bad. But now, everything is so expensive and what can we actually grind towards? Stupid futuristic things that have obviously been created with little kids in mind that want to fly cars and shoot missiles out of their flying bikes. The feel and mood of GTA 4 is what I miss. 

55 minutes ago, DarthHazard said:

I could literally copy and paste your post because I think the exact same. It's the one reason that I stopped playing Grand Theft Auto V. I loved the online part of the game when it first came out because it was fun, even with the grinding, it wasn't too bad. But now, everything is so expensive and what can we actually grind towards? Stupid futuristic things that have obviously been created with little kids in mind that want to fly cars and shoot missiles out of their flying bikes. The feel and mood of GTA 4 is what I miss. 

I agree with you, GTA 4 despite its flaws stuck to the GTA theme. I hope they don't do this in Red Dead Redemption or GTA VI.

On 1/1/2019 at 1:08 PM, Keranov said:

I think the best multiplayer experience for me are the Minecraft servers. I don't get mad because of bad teammates and sometimes cheaters as I do In CS:GO.

Minecraft is the one game I don't think I have ever played despite it being around for so long. I know someone who is addicted to it but wasn't sure why.

I think WOW and DOTA both have pretty much good experience. And the gameplay with the CS:GO is even more popular among the teens. I think some games are timeless because of that reason. They are meant for the online play. I think even the PUBG and the fortnite both have some value. But it depends on what makes you more comfortable. I personally prefer changing games every now and then. 

5 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think WOW and DOTA both have pretty much good experience. And the gameplay with the CS:GO is even more popular among the teens. I think some games are timeless because of that reason. They are meant for the online play. I think even the PUBG and the fortnite both have some value. But it depends on what makes you more comfortable. I personally prefer changing games every now and then. 

WOW was pretty good back in days but from what I see nowadays, the game is an absolute grind fest and most former players I know absolutely hate what it has become.