Register Now
Davao

PS2.

What did everyone think of the PS2? I loved the console. I spent many hours on it when I was a kid. The games that was released for it was awesome. I miss playing on it to be honest, if I played it now, I wouldn't get that thrill of playing on it as I used to back then.  For me it's the best console of all time. I also loved the red screen of death on it, when a disk didn't work that was hilarious.

The PS2 is one of the best consoles ever made. Enough said.

I mean, you not only have support for the entire PS1 library, you also have support for playing DVD movies, playing music CD's and kickass PS2 exclusive games such as Black. It's just an all around great console.

PS2 was the only console that I own, it was the best of the best and still I have the two controllers for them. regards the console itself it has been damaged and bin years ago. even that I had 5 games it was so good. And yet it was not that big, meaning that the new console are way way to big. 

I wish they design an new updated one and let it come back

I really love my PS2. I remember playing Final Fantasy X, Beyblade and Spyro on it when I was a little kid. I think I'd always been fascinated by games, but this console really sold them to me for life. I still think back fondly on everything I played and watched on that console.

On 9/8/2018 at 5:28 AM, DylanC said:

Awesome console. Time splitters, Silent Hill 2, RE4 (I know it was a rerelease on PS2 but that's where I played it). Incredible library and it had A DVD PLAYER!!

Those were the days!

That dvd player was awesome, specially since the .hack games came with DVDs to play as well. Sadly mine has died but still plays games yet.

Simple times. It was a great console and had some great games as well. I never actually had one but my cousin did and I remember always go to their place so that I could play GTA Vice City. There was an old PS2 at a charity shop near one recently actually and it still hasn't sold. Not sure whether to get it or not, because I did get GTA San Andreas on PS4 but it just didn't have the same feeling as playing it back then. I guess the great graphics and modern gameplay has slightly ruined the older games for us.

PlayStation 2 was what I played through my high school days - I remember spending MANY hours on it playing GTA Vice City and San Andreas. Ratchet and Clank was my first game for it and I also played the hell out of that game. It has to go down as one of the best consoles ever - just for the amount of entertainment it brought to many people during the early 2000s.

12 hours ago, Bravosi said:

PS2 was the greatest thing in terms of console gaming that happened to me. I hate the fact that they have disabled the multiplayer. It's unfair completely.

Well you can expect the new boxes to be better now. Plus we have steam and other things on new boxes. So you are not losing anything as much. Plus the Xbox is always an alternative if you are not able to play that way. Same can be said about the nintendo. 

I loved my PS2 as a kid. The most notable game I remember playing is the original Star Wars Battlefront 2. I loved playing that game with my older brother. It brings back great memories. I also had other games like Shadow The Hedgehog and FIFA 08. I wish I had kept my PS2 purely for nostalgia’s sake.