Register Now
StaceyPowers

Profound statements in video games

Once in a great while, I hear a line of dialogue in a video game that actually makes me stop what I’m doing for a moment.

For example, this one from Red Lucy in Fallout: New Vegas:

“When the land hunts you, when fighting for survival is the norm, your neighbors become either saviors, or enemies.”

This is something I’ve noticed from my own life experiences (i.e. when dealing with poverty), but somehow it never made sense to me until she said that why life my encounters have often been so dramatic during hard times. I was oddly struck by how profound and elegant her statement was.

Are there any lines of dialogue from video games that you found to be profound?

Oh I could go on and on about this subject. Great one Stacey!

I'll think of more but for now the one I remember is my favorite line from Portal 2!

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

THE MOST AMAZING STATEMENT OUT THERE 😄