Register Now
DylanC

PS4 outsells Xbox 360 sales

I'm suprised about this. Maybe the Xbox was to over-priced for what's it worth and what it's capable of. From the research I've done, Microsoft has more benefits and advantages over Sony. It has the power to display games at a higher resolution, play 4K blue rays, and a trusted online service for the multi-player gamers. I'll always be a Xbox Fanboy for these reasons above.

knj1sbkq663z.jpg

Edited by xXInfectedXx

This is about the Xbox 360 Infected, not the Xbox One although the PS4 has probably surpassed that on sales as well. It's not that much of a surprise really. I do think that gaming has become much more mainstream. Add to that the fact that the PS4 seems like the better option (the base versions anyway) and it's no surprise to see it doing well in terms of sales. There's been a big increase in casual gaming compared to before so that has probably led to a lot of people buying a PS4.

On 12/10/2018 at 8:29 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

I'm suprised about this. Maybe the Xbox was to over-priced for what's it worth and what it's capable of. From the research I've done, Microsoft has more benefits and advantages over Sony. It has the power to display games at a higher resolution, play 4K blue rays, and a trusted online service for the multi-player gamers. I'll always be a Xbox Fanboy for these reasons above.

The OneX may be more powerful but from what I have seen the resolution differences are minimal and there are very few cross-platform games show any significant difference.  XBox does have the bluray player and backwards compatibility which are strong features.  But Sony has by far had the better exclusive games this generation, I think that has made the difference in sales. 

On topic, PS4 passing the 360 is a nice milestone as the 360 definitely dominated the PS3 last gen.  I am curious as to who will step up come next gen. 

On 12/11/2018 at 8:20 PM, DC said:

I was surprised by how long this took.

I was about to say the same thing. It took 5 years to do it - maybe due to the rise of PC gaming the amount of console players or people interested in buying a console has declined leading to slower sales.

Looks like pure games have managed to get into the sale factor. But this year I have noticed that the XBOX One S seems to be gaining some good sales. You can then next year check out the sales of XBOX One S. I think it'd be surely lot better from what I have seen this year.