Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games have you gotten more out of on a replay?

Great question. I've only replayed a few games in my life tbh. The Last Of Us, Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill Homecoming spring to mind. I found the Silent Hill titles and The Last Of Us to be particularly impactful the second time round as I picked up a few narrative nuances and poetic imagery on further replays. Skyrim and New Vegas were great the second time around as it genuinely felt like a new game thanks to the vastness of the worlds.

On 12/11/2018 at 2:59 PM, Katri Marcell said:

All metal gear games. They clearly need a replay to be able to be experienced in its fullest. Even without a replay, just a rewatch of all the cutscenes can give you tons of new information that you missed!

No way in hell am I going to replay MGS4. I already got done with the exposition dump / movie

On 12/11/2018 at 3:59 PM, Katri Marcell said:

All metal gear games. They clearly need a replay to be able to be experienced in its fullest. Even without a replay, just a rewatch of all the cutscenes can give you tons of new information that you missed!

Deus Ex Human Revolution is also a video game with a lot of replay value and I tend to see stuff that I missed in my first run.

On 12/9/2018 at 4:23 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Which games have you found you enjoyed more the second time around, or simply got more out of on your second playthrough?

Do you mean in terms of mechanics or aesthetics? 

Mechanics: Bayonetta (or most action games of that kinda depth)

Aesthetics: Okami (Just love relaxing in that world)

Story: Metal Gear Solid 3 (or any MGS game honestly, even 4:p)

10 hours ago, Katri Marcell said:

I like watching the cutscenes as a movie on youtube from time to time. I find it genius hahahaah

It does make for quality movie material to be honest. I confess I have re-watched a whole video of all the cutscenes in the MGS5: Phantom Pain - it was amazing!