Register Now
Shortie861

Having too many games to play and not enough time?

How do you deal with having massive backlogs? Having too many games you want to play through and complete but not enough time to sit down and play through them all? My boyfriend and I have this issue all the time. He's always buying new games and we both never have enough time to sit down and complete them all. 😛  The struggle is real. 

How do you handle managing your backlog of games?  When do you decide "Okay i'm not buying any more games until i've finished these."? 

I have never been to good at that last part, lol, much like you all I am always picking up more games a building a backlog.  Mostly I just play as much as I can, try to prioritize games, and then wait for those lulls in between releases to get caught up.  Fall time heading into the holidays is always tough as a lot of games are dropping, but summer usually slows down a bit I can get somewhat caught up. 

I also tier my games, so "must buys" I puck up day 1 regardless of backlog.  Then there are games I want to play but don't need right away,  I will usually use gamefly for these as it is cheaper and spreads them out a bit for me, or I grab them on sale later.  Then there are the "seems interesting but I'm not too pressed to play it," those end up at the end of the gamefly list and I get to them as I can.  

I feel you! I have created a TO PLAY list on Steam that I keep track of games I want to play at some point. I myself don't have time for gaming anymore so I just download one game and play during the weekend. If it's boring or too hard for me I don't stress over it much. I just download the next one. Works everytime 😄

My backlog is out of control and I'm *trying* to get on top of it. I tend to play games which I'm in the mood to play, though. For example, I know that God Of War is probably going to be my game of the year, but I'm still yet to finish it fully as I'm saving it for when I'm in the mood for it. I've spent a crazy amount of time in FO 76, though I know it's not the best game of the year. I'm just in the mood for a world like FO 76. So that's where i've been spending my limited amount of time gaming as of late. At the end of the day, you should game how you want to. There's really no right or wrong way, you know?

I usually have a big backlog which often gets cleared out by the time I am finished with most of the games. Usually the games I have to review take the utmost priority and I tend to complete them before moving on to the next one. It's been really helpful and has reduced the clutter in my backlog a lot

On 12/11/2018 at 3:49 PM, Katri Marcell said:

I feel you! I have created a TO PLAY list on Steam that I keep track of games I want to play at some point. I myself don't have time for gaming anymore so I just download one game and play during the weekend. If it's boring or too hard for me I don't stress over it much. I just download the next one. Works everytime 😄

This is great advice and personally, I also don't have much time to play video games anymore either so I play a particular game dependent on my mood.

I've never had this issue, fortunately. I'm pretty picky with my games so I don't always get games when there are new releases. I maybe get 3-4 games a year so I always tend to have time to play a particular game and finish it. I tend to put aside some time from my day to play games as well and I don't particularly use up all the time for just one game as well. So I usually have time to play a few during my game time.

8 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

I've never had this issue, fortunately. I'm pretty picky with my games so I don't always get games when there are new releases. I maybe get 3-4 games a year so I always tend to have time to play a particular game and finish it. I tend to put aside some time from my day to play games as well and I don't particularly use up all the time for just one game as well. So I usually have time to play a few during my game time.

Less is more...I like that. Maybe I should try an approach like that.

On 12/23/2018 at 4:44 AM, killamch89 said:

This is great advice and personally, I also don't have much time to play video games anymore either so I play a particular game dependent on my mood.

And then here comes the occasional MOBA or FPS to mess the whole thing up. So many game hours spent that way 😞 

7 hours ago, Katri Marcell said:

And then here comes the occasional MOBA or FPS to mess the whole thing up. So many game hours spent that way 😞 

MMORPGs tend to really consume a lot of your time when gaming especially when you have an awesome group of guildmates who entertains you non-stop.

hey here, I would advise you to play The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, I really liked it! the plot and graphics are just the best. By the way, I want to order more games like Dark Souls, World of Warcraft and a few more, can you advise where I can do that?

10 hours ago, fooiks said:

hey here, I would advise you to play The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, I really liked it! the plot and graphics are just the best. By the way, I want to order more games like Dark Souls, World of Warcraft and a few more, can you advise where I can do that?

Try eBay.