Register Now
Shortie861

Soulja Boy's "console"?

I just saw this and thought it was hilarious. Apparently the rapper "Soulja Boy" is putting out his own line of video game consoles. However, they are basically just emulation boxes with his name on it.  They seem identical to some of those cheap plug and play consoles you'd find at Walmart or Asda for dirt cheap that plug into the tv with a flimsy plastic-feeling controller. 

However, this guy is selling that junk for a nice profit.  Are people really foolish enough to buy into this scam?

On 12/11/2018 at 7:01 AM, Shortie861 said:

I just saw this and thought it was hilarious. Apparently the rapper "Soulja Boy" is putting out his own line of video game consoles. However, they are basically just emulation boxes with his name on it.  They seem identical to some of those cheap plug and play consoles you'd find at Walmart or Asda for dirt cheap that plug into the tv with a flimsy plastic-feeling controller. 

That's because they are.. Sort of. The Chinese console FUZE is actually a legit console by a legit Chinese company (And the host of Red Ash The Indeleble Legend).  But no, every Souljaboy console has been sold with Soulja being downright thrown to court by Nintendo shortly after.

The idiot wants to make an eSports brand too, believe it or not. But this guy is doing so for attention, seriously. The fact that he's no longer relevant since 2009 has made that pretty clear.

I saw this and thought it was hilarious especially when I saw what it really was. I can't believe some company went and got him of all people to brand this "emulator". I saw that he tweeted recently looking for professional gamers to join some sort of team as well so this isn't the last we will see of him in the gaming world. It's obvious that he thought this was a good idea to go with since most people have forgotten him. Who knows, maybe his bank is running low and he needed some quick and easy cash. Although, I'm not sure how financially successful something like this can be 😄

On 12/22/2018 at 4:58 PM, DarthHazard said:

I saw this and thought it was hilarious especially when I saw what it really was. I can't believe some company went and got him of all people to brand this "emulator". I saw that he tweeted recently looking for professional gamers to join some sort of team as well so this isn't the last we will see of him in the gaming world. It's obvious that he thought this was a good idea to go with since most people have forgotten him. Who knows, maybe his bank is running low and he needed some quick and easy cash. Although, I'm not sure how financially successful something like this can be 😄

It was Nintendo that went after him...He getting a major lawsuit according to what is in the news. I don't think he worth or can earn that much either - if I'm not mistaken it was something like 100m dollars(don't quote me on this figure, I could be wrong).

Edited by killamch89

33 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

It was Nintendo that went after him...He getting a major lawsuit according to what is in the news. I don't think he worth or can earn that much either - if I'm not mistaken it was something like 100m dollars(don't quote me on this figure, I could be wrong).

Considering that a "Rapper" (more like irrelevant piece of sss) "worth" 30 Million Dollars is nowadays e-begging to customers... Yeah.