Register Now
Alexander.

Purchasing Game Merch

Never have I purchased any game merch and probably won't consider it in the future. Are you a video gaming addict that you've gone as far buying real life merchandise to beautify your gaming collection and wardrobe? Gaming companys use this as a way to increase their sales and gross profit which is effective but this means the rich are just getting richer of people like me and you. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

On 12/26/2018 at 7:19 AM, Alyxx said:

I have a Duke Nukem Forever aluminum mouse pad, some game related t-shirts, posters and such. I love displaying my love for games.

The only one I ever had was a Gray Fox action figure and I lost it while moving a decade back😭

I mean, sure it is a marketing "trick" but not necessarily negative. Now, I am probably one of those crazy addicted people who does go as far as purchasing merchandise. I have a couple of T-Shirts from Fallout to The Witcher, Portal, Tomb Raider etc. I also have an expanding collection of Pop! Figures. I also have a Discord pillow and a couple of other things such as cups, backpacks etc. Though I have never purchased a poster, they take too much space and, for me, they don't deserve their money.

Edited by iaminsensible

10 hours ago, iaminsensible said:

I mean, sure it is a marketing "trick" but not necessarily negative. Now, I am probably one of those crazy addicted people who does go as far as purchasing merchandise. I have a couple of T-Shirts from Fallout to The Witcher, Portal, Tomb Raider etc. I also have an expanding collection of Pop! Figures. I also have a Discord pillow and a couple of other things such as cups, backpacks etc. Though I have never purchased a poster, they take too much space and, for me, they don't deserve their money.

I tried purchasing a gray fox action figure off eBay last year because I wanted to replace the one I had lost and I saw it for $200 LOL!  I was like Gray Fox may be one of my favorite video game characters but I don't love him that much 😂

I usually only purchase mech if I have any form of connection with that game. I passed on a lot of overwatch t shirts and mugs. I remember few twitch streamers thrown the merch give away in one local show. I didn't get anything because I didn't find most of them trendy. I do however may buy something that has say show or the seminar or streaming event souvenir. So that is where I may spend.

1 hour ago, mont86 said:

Everything deems like marketing to me these days and when I look back Its the same as it's always been. I just have less patience now days.

You should see what Bethesda is charging for their game merch. They cost 3-4 times what Fallout 76 originally cost and the build of the merch is very low quality.