Register Now
Alexander.

How do you decide on an game?

How do you decide on an video game? Trailers, Reviews, or simply just by trying it out to see whether you would enjoy it? Apps which have a monetary value to them, I'll watch and read trailers, reviews and gameplays to make an informed decision as I don't want to be wasting my hard earned cash. On the otherhand, if the video game is free, I'll try it out and see whether it's right for me. 

On 12/12/2018 at 6:16 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

How do you decide on an video game? Trailers, Reviews, or simply just by trying it out to see whether you would enjoy it? Apps which have a monetary value to them, I'll watch and read trailers, reviews and gameplays to make an informed decision as I don't want to be wasting my hard earned cash. On the otherhand, if the video game is free, I'll try it out and see whether it's right for me. 

Just like you I'll watch reviews and do my research on any game before I make a purchase but when it comes to mobile games...I just go with my instinct and try and if I like it, I'll keep playing it.

On 12/26/2018 at 9:12 PM, killamch89 said:

Just like you I'll watch reviews and do my research on any game before I make a purchase but when it comes to mobile games...I just go with my instinct and try and if I like it, I'll keep playing it.

As you trust your instinct sometimes, you may not enjoy playing it and regret the purchase decision? Do you rent or buy? Would renting be a better option to trial the video game at first see if you'll enjoy it in the long-run and then you could choose to purchase it. This way, If you don't like the game, you haven't bought the game and you shall end up saving more cash.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

4 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

As you trust your instinct sometimes, you may not enjoy playing it and regret the purchase decision? Do you rent or buy? Would renting be a better option to trial the video game at first see if you'll enjoy it in the long-run and then you could choose to purchase it. This way, If you don't like the game, you haven't bought the game and you shall end up saving more cash.

Since there is no longer a renting service for games in my country so I either trust the reviews and research I've done and buy it or just avoid it altogether. I see your point about renting video games and it is valid but I would rather buy - I have never rented a video game before (not that I can remember). If I buy a game and it turns out to be a bust, I just swear under my breath a couple times, let out a sigh and then leave a rating review on the site I bought the game so other users don't make the same mistake.

I try to see the gameplay and also chances of we playing the game if the gameplay shows me it does not have roadblocks that keeps me playing for months or so. I find it harder to play such games in such case I avoid them. I play the games which I can complete.