Register Now
Alexander.

Fortnite: Cross-Platform Gaming

The link to the article is here and the title is "Epic is making Fortnite's cross-platform features free for all developers".  Furthermore, it's free for it's players! What does everyone think about this development in Epic Games? In your opinion, will Fortnite be a game of the past mid-2019 or will it still be popular? It's a fantastic advancement that Fornite are offering it's customers. The company will gain due to connecting users all around the globe whatever there platform is. As a gamer, I'm excited to see this implemented, not only in Fortnite.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

It's crazy how young Fortnite Battle Royale is yet Epic managed to get the gaming companies to allow cross-platform. PlayStation was being extremely reluctant to even talk about it before but these guys got them to do it for their game! Fortnite will be a great game for a long while, the constant updates, developers listening to the users and the fact that it is a free game will help it be popular for a long while. 

On 12/13/2018 at 8:23 AM, DarthHazard said:

It's crazy how young Fortnite Battle Royale is yet Epic managed to get the gaming companies to allow cross-platform. PlayStation was being extremely reluctant to even talk about it before but these guys got them to do it for their game! Fortnite will be a great game for a long while, the constant updates, developers listening to the users and the fact that it is a free game will help it be popular for a long while. 

The content on Fortnite is unbelievable. Planes?! Epic Games has made Fortnite into a colossus. I agree about the content updates - the developers are constantly coming up with new and creative ways to enhance the Fortnite experience. Fortnite will be around for another year at least. As for the popularity, It may dip a bit.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

The content on Fortnite is unbelievable. Planes?! Epic Games has made Fortnite into a colossus. I agree about the content updates - the developers are constantly coming up with new and creative ways to enhance the Fortnite experience. Fortnite will be around for another year at least. As for the popularity, It may dip a bit.

If you showed some of the recent gameplay to a player back then, they might think you're showing gameplay from a different game. It's crazy to think how far they have come and how different the game is right now. I would not have ever thought of things like the quads or even the planes being added to the game. But it was done and they actually work well and don't ruin the game at all. I'm definitely looking forward to the newer additions they bring out 

4 minutes ago, DarthHazard said:

If you showed some of the recent gameplay to a player back then, they might think you're showing gameplay from a different game. It's crazy to think how far they have come and how different the game is right now. I would not have ever thought of things like the quads or even the planes being added to the game. But it was done and they actually work well and don't ruin the game at all. I'm definitely looking forward to the newer additions they bring out 

Totally agree. And one of the main things I like about Fortnite is that you can just hop in and play a match. You don't have to commit massive amounts of time to enjoy it if you don't have the time to. The other thing about Fortnite is that it doesn't take itself too seriously.

8 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Totally agree. And one of the main things I like about Fortnite is that you can just hop in and play a match. You don't have to commit massive amounts of time to enjoy it if you don't have the time to. The other thing about Fortnite is that it doesn't take itself too seriously.

The gameplay time is great and I definitely agree that it's one of the main things that contribute to it being so popular. With other games, like PUBG, you have to spend quite a lot of time and you can't really start a game if you know that you're going to be leaving soon. With Fortnite, you know that the game is not going to last too long and it helps that they even have special limited time modes that can finish even quicker (like the Blitz game mode)

Just now, DarthHazard said:

The gameplay time is great and I definitely agree that it's one of the main things that contribute to it being so popular. With other games, like PUBG, you have to spend quite a lot of time and you can't really start a game if you know that you're going to be leaving soon. With Fortnite, you know that the game is not going to last too long and it helps that they even have special limited time modes that can finish even quicker (like the Blitz game mode)

With Fortnite, you don't have to spend a lot to really enjoy or get good at playing the game. PUBG on the other hand...They charge you for almost everything.

It's so crazy how they've set the game up as well. I bought Save the World but don't really play it anymore that much. But I make sure to go on to it every day because they have daily login rewards and it's crazy because it gives out free v-bucks as well. I've never had to purchase anything in-game with money because I have a good supply of vbucks from Save the World. And if you don't have that, you get vbucks from the battle pass which gives you enough to purchase the next one!

On 12/20/2018 at 1:15 PM, DarthHazard said:

It's so crazy how they've set the game up as well. I bought Save the World but don't really play it anymore that much. But I make sure to go on to it every day because they have daily login rewards and it's crazy because it gives out free v-bucks as well. I've never had to purchase anything in-game with money because I have a good supply of vbucks from Save the World. And if you don't have that, you get vbucks from the battle pass which gives you enough to purchase the next one!

Yeah. Fortnite should be an example to other developers on how to properly develop and maintain a game and not charge for every little thing *cough*PUBG*cough*.

It's crazy, isn't it? It's like developers don't know what their customers want. Who would have thought that a game that actually works where the developers listen would do so well? And the only things they sell? Skins that offer no competitive advantage. The next few games that come out in the coming years will be interesting. I'm sure developers will start to copy the model that has been set by Epic Games. They would be stupid not to try it at least.

47 minutes ago, DarthHazard said:

It's crazy, isn't it? It's like developers don't know what their customers want. Who would have thought that a game that actually works where the developers listen would do so well? And the only things they sell? Skins that offer no competitive advantage. The next few games that come out in the coming years will be interesting. I'm sure developers will start to copy the model that has been set by Epic Games. They would be stupid not to try it at least.

I agree totally. Unlike companies like EA who kill their customers with micro-transactions while offering minimal improvement of their titles and trying to force a political agenda down our throats, Epic Games brings fun and interesting updates regularly while not asking for much.

I think by the end of 2019, they may pretty much cover all the platform. Because battle royal genre is getting popular. And people seem to investing into it. And there is a money to be made in the genre. So it can get pretty effective on the platform gaming. I know for sure that this may work out on that note. We just have to see if they reach linux and  other  mobile OS too in near future. 

16 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think by the end of 2019, they may pretty much cover all the platform. Because battle royal genre is getting popular. And people seem to investing into it. And there is a money to be made in the genre. So it can get pretty effective on the platform gaming. I know for sure that this may work out on that note. We just have to see if they reach linux and  other  mobile OS too in near future. 

My wish is that all multi-player games launched in the future go this route so that we can enjoy games with our friends no matter what platform each of us uses. It is a very good move for the industry in general and I hope this becomes the standard.

I think now they are giving away the season 8 pass. And there are some of the changes in the season. I think it's going to be good changes with fortnite expanding on more platforms. And considering they are going to be pretty effective as they get more attractions within the game. I love how they are experimenting with the new characters are cameo appearance there.