Register Now
DylanC

Super overrated games?

What games do you think are super overrated? Personally, I'd go with something like Super Mario Odyssey. Still don't get how it got such crazy high scores. I've put over half a dozen hours into it and still don't see what the fuss is about. It's good, but not incredible imho.

44 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I think it will be the Assassins creed Franchise, I have to admit I was pretty into these games when I was a teenager and the last release I played was Black flag which I think is the best , but looking back every other game was almost the same and the story was pretty bad as well

I agree, I’ve tried a few Assassin’s Creed titles but they never really clicked with me. The more RPG-centric latest ones - Odyssey and Origins - look decent, though. Wanna give them a go at some point.

Zelda: Ocarina Of Time is definitely up there. I agree it's a great game but it's often treated as the best of all time and the best on the N64. For me it simply isn't good enough for that position, and I think a lot of nostalgia plays into people talking that way about it.

I feel the same way about Super Mario 64. I just don't find it fun to play nowadays due to how difficult it is to get into for someone who didn't grow up with it.

I also feel Amnesia: The Dark Descent was insanely overrated when it came out. To me the game isn't scary at all, just frustrating.

Granted these are all just subjective opinions and people are welcome to love these games, they're just not for me.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, by a long shot.

It has been getting 10's and 9's all around. However, I would put an 8 to it. If you don't like the very few Single Player Modes and only have the awful Nintendo Switch Online Experience to go off from. You literally have been cheated off 60 USD.

It has to be Skyrim for me. I never got why people liked that game. That was one of the games that came with my Xbox 360 bundle so I tried it out and just never liked it. I actually hated it so much because of how annoying it was. Whenever I wanted to do a quest, I would get lost trying to go up a mountain and have no idea how to get there. If it didn't come as a bundle with my console, I wouldn't have gotten it in the first place, to be fair.

46 minutes ago, DarthHazard said:

It has to be Skyrim for me. I never got why people liked that game. That was one of the games that came with my Xbox 360 bundle so I tried it out and just never liked it. I actually hated it so much because of how annoying it was. Whenever I wanted to do a quest, I would get lost trying to go up a mountain and have no idea how to get there. If it didn't come as a bundle with my console, I wouldn't have gotten it in the first place, to be fair.

You are my hero

I actually used to agree with Skyrim. I hated how it streamlined too much, even more than Oblivion, and it had a crappy story, cities, and factions for the most part. But I've actually changed my mind about it with the Switch release. I like it a lot more now but it still doesn't live up to even Oblivion let alone Morrowind.

That said, my actual overrated choice is the original Red Dead Redemption. That game is terribly boring to me. I gave it like 8 hrs when it came out and traded it in right after. After beating RDR2, I watched all of the cutscenes on YouTube of the original and the story doesn't even seem worth playing it for me honestly. 

9 hours ago, Perezca said:

I actually used to agree with Skyrim. I hated how it streamlined too much, even more than Oblivion, and it had a crappy story, cities, and factions for the most part. But I've actually changed my mind about it with the Switch release. I like it a lot more now but it still doesn't live up to even Oblivion let alone Morrowind.

That said, my actual overrated choice is the original Red Dead Redemption. That game is terribly boring to me. I gave it like 8 hrs when it came out and traded it in right after. After beating RDR2, I watched all of the cutscenes on YouTube of the original and the story doesn't even seem worth playing it for me honestly. 

Aye, I still consider Oblivion as the best in the ES series. I bought Morrowind a year or so ago (I really want to play it!) but it’s quite old and unfortunately doesn’t run on my PC. 😫

3 hours ago, DylanC said:

Aye, I still consider Oblivion as the best in the ES series. I bought Morrowind a year or so ago (I really want to play it!) but it’s quite old and unfortunately doesn’t run on my PC. 😫

Now that is the opinion of a man with culture

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

Fifa - It's the same game every year with slightly updated graphics and the keep re-adding old features and call it revolutionary. The game is full of all kinds of glitches and bugs and the online sessions lag a lot - It's such a shallow game.

FIFA? Overrated?

I'm pretty sure only one type of gamer buys this PoS and it literally is far from what actual gamers actually are.