Register Now
Alexander.

Article 13 - Leaving the EU

The UK is due to leave the EU next year in 2019. Article 13 will then be implemented. The government would block all Content Creators from the EU and potentially block content creators from outside the EU uploading. What does everyone think of Article 13? #saveyourinternet

Not a fan. I hope people will fight it. The internet has always been a kind of "by the people, for the people" place and seeing it being increasingly controlled by lobbyism is kind of sad. I totally agree copyright needs to be exercised but this is not the right way to do so.

Edited by Alyxx

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That is an absolute shame. Why would you restrict the freedom of Content Creators? and what do they hope to gain from it?

YouTube is the #1 platform for content creators and some of the most famous YouTubers live inside the EU such as PewDiePie. If Article 13 is implemented, creators will be forced to go to an smaller platform such as Twitch TV or Daily Motion. I think the Government doesn't want us to communicate with people within Europe by restricting internet access. People will find other ways, it provides no benefit to the Prime Minister whatsoever. 

35 minutes ago, xXInfectedXx said:

YouTube is the #1 platform for content creators and some of the most famous YouTubers live inside the EU such as PewDiePie. If Article 13 is implemented, creators will be forced to go to an smaller platform such as Twitch TV or Daily Motion. I think the Government doesn't want us to communicate with people within Europe by restricting internet access. People will find other ways, it provides no benefit to the Prime Minister whatsoever. 

Exactly what I'm saying. They derive no benefit whatsoever.

I am not sure how the Article 13 would apply. Now that EU rules won't apply to them. I am guessing they are more likely to come up with their own set of the rules. And things can be pretty bad on that note. But I think we have to find out ministers who are in it to discuss the proper settlement approach for the games. That's what can be done in such case if we want the outcome of neutrality.