Register Now
Alexander.

Upgrading from your current console

Are you planning to upgrade your console or wait a little longer for a new release of the platform? My intentions were to sell and upgrade my Xbox 360 to the latest model however I ended up upgrading to a PC instead of a console. I've experienced a better gaming experience on my Acer rather than my 360, I have no regrets with the upgrade. 

It's no surprise really. Comparing a 360 and PC gaming is not an equal comparison, it's like comparing a Ford Focus and a supercar 😁.

In regards to my current console, I don't think will upgrade my PlayStation 4 until there is a brand new console. I can't see myself going back to Microsoft and the Xbox so chances are I'll just wait for the next PlayStation console. Chances are, we will get some news regarding the new console in 2019 and we should see it being released in 2020 if it follows the release patterns of the 360/PS3 and Xbox One/PS4.

I don't plan on upgrading my console unless I can get a really really good deal on an Xbox One X. I own an Xbox One S and it suits me just fine for right now. So unless a really amazing deal comes around for a One X and I can afford to upgrade, I don't see any point right now. Especially since it seems that there might be a new Xbox console coming in 2020. 🙂

I'm not planning on upgrading my ps4 anytime soon, even when the ps5 comes out I'm still going to wait a couple of years more. But I never stay with the same console, first I had my ps2, then I jumped to the xbox 360 and they I jumped back to the ps4, what mattered to me was the games, Xbox 360 had halo and the ps4 has god of war and spiderman.

The systems I play are long gone in the "upgrade" category. There's very little that I even touch past the N64/PS1 era. Occasionally I play a PS3 game, but that's rare. I have a total of 9 games on Switch but the only 2 that I really play are Links Awakening and FF8. So again, back in the old days. I'm starting to think I'm about the only person that has even touched a SNES in the last 20 years, let alone played one. I'm also wondering if my copy of F-Zero isn't older than some of the people at this forum.

BTW the game still works.

I would highly recommend picking up a PS3. there are a few games on it that I haven't seen released for the current generation. Maybe it's just me and I haven't come across them, but to my knowledge they have so far only been available on the PS3. A few GoW titles like Chains Of Olympus, Ghost Of Sparta, and Ascension. Chains Of Olympus was my first GoW game and I had it on PSP. It's the game that got me into the series. To my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong, Dantes Inferno was a game that was only released on the PS3. You also have games that you can go a bit back in time on like FFX & X2. Or if you just want a Blu-ray player that doubles as a game console. That's another good reason to pick one up. That's what I use one of mine for. I currently have 4 PS3's.