Register Now
Alexander.

Memory for Mobile Games

This is the requirement factor, that stresses me the most. My telephone doesn't have enough storage and also that, I need to give some memory to music, photographs and essential apps. All things considered, I have attempted smaller memory apps previously, however they are absolutely not what I am searching for. The content isn't the same as a higher-memory application. My phone (Huawei y6) has an internal storage space of 16GB and I've used 11.53 which leaves me with 4.47GB left! Any ideas on how to overcome this, should I use my Tablet as an primary source of Mobile Gaming? Storage updates use more and more memory...

On 12/18/2018 at 6:20 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

This is the requirement factor, that stresses me the most. My telephone doesn't have enough storage and also that, I need to give some memory to music, photographs and essential apps. All things considered, I have attempted smaller memory apps previously, however they are absolutely not what I am searching for. The content isn't the same as a higher-memory application. My phone (Huawei y6) has an internal storage space of 16GB and I've used 11.53 which leaves me with 4.47GB left! Any ideas on how to overcome this, should I use my Tablet as an primary source of Mobile Gaming? Storage updates use more and more memory...

Definitely go with the tablet for gaming unless you can get a brand new phone that uses micro SD storage and you can get a 256 GB micro SD card for $25 on Ebay.

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Definitely go with the tablet for gaming unless you can get a brand new phone that uses micro SD storage and you can get a 256 GB micro SD card for $25 on Ebay.

What tablet would you recommend? What retailer will offer the value for my cash? My budget is £500.00 and I'm looking for 256GB storage minimum on the Android platform. Here are three of the top mobile games I intend to download:

1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

3. Smash Hit

Edited by xXInfectedXx

4 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

What tablet would you recommend? What retailer will offer the value for my cash? My budget is £500.00 and I'm looking for 256GB storage minimum on the Android platform. Here are three of the top mobile games I intend to download:

1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

3. Smash Hit

Well you can get a Samsung Galaxy tab S4 64 gb on eBay (brand new) for around your budget (525) and it comes with expandable storage so you can buy a 256gb Sandisk microSD card because the 256gb version is about $700 US which is outside your budget. It is one of the few Android tablets that can rival the Ipad in terms of performance and it has 7300 mah battery which is a lot of juice.

On 12/28/2018 at 3:54 PM, killamch89 said:

Well you can get a Samsung Galaxy tab S4 64 gb on eBay (brand new) for around your budget (525) and it comes with expandable storage so you can buy a 256gb Sandisk microSD card because the 256gb version is about $700 US which is outside your budget. It is one of the few Android tablets that can rival the Ipad in terms of performance and it has 7300 mah battery which is a lot of juice.

Thank you for the suggestion. Tablets definitely have more memory than phones, without a doubt. I found the following.

Amazon - 257GB Sandisk MicroSD - for just over £100.00

Samsung Galaxy tab S4 64 gb at Argos for just over £500.00

The total nearly comes to £700.00 which is just above my budget. Even though, it's above what I've planned on spending, I believe it'll be a good investment as I haven't got a Handheld Gaming Device. If I decided to purchase this device of Argos, how do you go about installing the Micro SD Card into the Tablet? Thank you for your help and recommendations 

2 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Thank you for the suggestion. Tablets definitely have more memory than phones, without a doubt. I found the following.

Amazon - 257GB Sandisk Micro.SD - for just over £100.00

Samsung Galaxy tab S4 64 gb at Argos for just over £500.00

The total nearly comes to £700.00 which is just above my budget. Even though, it's above what I've planned on spending, I believe it'll be a good investment as I haven't got a Handheld Gaming Device. If I decided to purchase this device of Argos, how do you go about installing the Micro SD Card into the Tablet? Thank you for your help and recommendations 

There will be an ejectable tray somewhere on the device, just eject it, put the micro sd card properly in the tray and place it back into the device and you will be ready to go! The instructions will also be in the manual for further details. The Sandisk micro SD card I was referring to was the ultra not the extreme - you can also go for the Samsung micro SD cards as well which are a lot cheaper with identical capabilities and performance -  Samsung Micro SD Card. 

No problem mate and I happy to help.

This is why I got a memory card for my phone. I believe I have around 64GB on it. It helps that I have quite a bit of storage on my Galaxy S8 as well so memory is never something that I have to worry about. I did encounter the same issues as you though with my previous phones. I remember having to choose either having my favourite songs or getting a new game on my first Samsung phone 😂

9 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

This is why I got a memory card for my phone. I believe I have around 64GB on it. It helps that I have quite a bit of storage on my Galaxy S8 as well so memory is never something that I have to worry about. I did encounter the same issues as you though with my previous phones. I remember having to choose either having my favourite songs or getting a new game on my first Samsung phone 😂

I have a 256GB verison in my Samsung galaxy S7 Edge and I am nowhere near running out of space on it. Which Samsung phone was that? The Galaxy S6 because I remember those came without micro SD card support.

This was years ago and it was a Samsung Galaxy Ace. I believe that had support for a micro SD but I just had a really crappy one so there still wasn't enough space on either my phone storage or the micro SD. And since I was younger, I didn't really want to "waste" any money on something like a micro SD when I could spend it on games and toys 😄 

Edited by DarthHazard

10 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

This was years ago and it was a Samsung Galaxy Ace. I believe that had support for a micro SD but I just had a really crappy one so there still wasn't enough space on either my phone storage or the micro SD. And since I was younger, I didn't really want to "waste" any money on something like a micro SD when I could spend it on games and toys 😄 

lol. I get what you mean - the naivety of youth has screwed us all over at one point in our life or another.

If you are planning to get into the gaming say android games, you should go with minimum 32GB. And from there you have options for either 64GB or 128GB. I dont mind adding the external card but often some ROMs don't save to the external card which makes it harder for games to store data if they are having higher data requirement. 

On 9/26/2021 at 6:40 AM, Head_Hunter said:

The problem of smart phones and the process of installing a video is simply low memory at times. If you're memory is stable at least, especially your ROM you'll come to add more games, but your RAM needs to be high too at least 2 GB. 

Most of the mobile games which are mainstream and popular require atleast 4GB minimum. 

On 12/18/2018 at 12:20 PM, Alexander. said:

You would simply have to get another smartphone with higher memory capacity if you're really into playing games with your phone. Currently, my device is 128GB internal memory and I hardly play games with it. 

On 9/27/2021 at 8:38 AM, skyfire said:

Most of the mobile games which are mainstream and popular require atleast 4GB minimum. 

That's tremendous for letting me know. And my current mobile phone is 4GB RAM. I am sure it is compatible with the mainstream games you're talking about.