Register Now
DanTheGamer

Hero of the Storm eSport future??

I read recently that Activision/Blizzard has decided to cancel their eSports events for this upcoming year. I have to wonder if they will plan on bringing their events back or if other organizations will run events instead...though this may be tricky if Activision/Blizzard doesn't continue providing the game with updates other than security/bug fixes.

4 hours ago, DanTheGamer said:

I read recently that Activision/Blizzard has decided to cancel their eSports events for this upcoming year. I have to wonder if they will plan on bringing their events back or if other organizations will run events instead...though this may be tricky if Activision/Blizzard doesn't continue providing the game with updates other than security/bug fixes.

Activision continues to seep into Blizzard's affairs and they will keep shutting Blizzard down as long as those goddamned investors aren't happy.

5 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

Activision continues to seep into Blizzard's affairs and they will keep shutting Blizzard down as long as those goddamned investors aren't happy.

That's really unfortunate,I had completely forgot about having investor's in the equation. My major concern is for the game titles that have been a part of Blizzard's core games from the dawn of time...if Activision ever does anything bad with those Blizzard may eventually cease to exist as we know it today.

2 minutes ago, DanTheGamer said:

That's really unfortunate,I had completely forgot about having investor's in the equation. My major concern is for the game titles that have been a part of Blizzard's core games from the dawn of time...if Activision ever does anything bad with those Blizzard may eventually cease to exist as we know it today.

Uhm, that's the way it's been going for years now. Hearthstone players already got the shaft and Blizzard is developing DIablo Immortal. Not to mention several developers are commenting about how Overwatch became a curse due to the fact Activision wants games like that from now on.

Just now, UleTheVee said:

Uhm, that's the way it's been going for years now. Hearthstone players already got the shaft and Blizzard is developing DIablo Immortal. Not to mention several developers are commenting about how Overwatch became a curse due to the fact Activision wants games like that from now on.

Oh...apparently I have not been watching Blizzard very closely. I have only been seeing the Warcraft side of things such as Warcraft III Reforged.