Register Now
DanTheGamer

Multi-Monitor gaming

I have never been able to figure out how to go about having a game instance take advantage of multi-display rigs. In instances where the monitors are fairly large it seems kinda cool. I do understand that the games have to also support it in some fashion but how many of you have this kind of setup or desire to have something like this running on your rig?

I don't have a full multi-purpose monitor setup as yet but I have seen where the setup is particularly useful such as using one screen for normal tasks while the other is being used for gaming. I have seen a setup where all 3 screens were used for playing the game. It broadened the player's point of view in-game. If I'm not mistaken it was called Infinity display or something like that - I'd have to check.

I have one screen built into my Acer Gaming Laptop and that will do. I have one monitor as I don't see the purpose of two or three screens. There is to much to focus on without having to worry about this. I wouldn't even have enough desk space for another screen! 

On 1/2/2019 at 6:03 PM, Keranov said:

If I was going for a multi monitors setup I would get one big 4K monitor for gaming, a standard 1080P one for work or multitasking and another 1080P but 144hz for competitive shooting games.

Why not just go triple 4k monitor setup?

On 1/6/2019 at 9:51 AM, killamch89 said:

That is a dream!

No, dude, come on. Those screens are too big and since 4K hasn't really gone anywhere in terms of game development (And we hopefully stay out of 4K) there will be a lot of empty space there.

2 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

No, dude, come on. Those screens are too big and since 4K hasn't really gone anywhere in terms of game development (And we hopefully stay out of 4K) there will be a lot of empty space there.

Touche...4k Gaming hasn't really progressed that much and is still way too expensive for the average consumer.