Register Now
Jerlene

Nintendo Switch is Now America's Fastest-Selling Gaming Console

In under 2 years, Nintendo sold nearly 9 million Switch consoles. Although more people have an Xbox or a PlayStation, the Switch outsold all other consoles in terms of pace. 
I personally do not have a Nintendo Switch and never found it appealing. Do you own one? What do you think of it? Knowing what you know now about the Switch, would you still go back and buy it? 

It's not surprising really. It's different and after the earlier disaster of the Wii U, the fact that Nintendo did a great job with the console meant more people were definitely interested. Plus, it helps that the PS4 and Xbox One has been out for a while so sales for that will be much slower. I don't have one because I just don't think I would use it enough for me to justify the current price. Most of the games that I play aren't available on the Switch other than Fortnite as well so it's pretty much useless to me.

On 12/22/2018 at 5:22 PM, DarthHazard said:

It's not surprising really. It's different and after the earlier disaster of the Wii U, the fact that Nintendo did a great job with the console meant more people were definitely interested. Plus, it helps that the PS4 and Xbox One has been out for a while so sales for that will be much slower. I don't have one because I just don't think I would use it enough for me to justify the current price. Most of the games that I play aren't available on the Switch other than Fortnite as well so it's pretty much useless to me.

The competition benefits us the consumers and that is why I no longer fanboy any specific company in almost any business. A monopoly tends to breed stagnation and lack of innovation from the dominating company as well as that said company can charge what they want without much backlash because people will always purchase their products. I am happy for Nintendo and glad to see them finally learn from their mistakes.