Register Now
Alexander.

Do you get bored of playing the same games

Do you ever get bored of the same video games that you are playing? I certainty do but I have my ways of overcoming this. Give it a week or two and I'm bored I will alternate between video games and then to return to the original after a couple of weeks to avoid boredom  

Edited by xXInfectedXx

Not really tbh. I tend to mix up the games I'm playing if I start to feel bored.

When I'm in work (I'm a teacher), I occasionally hear children say "I'm bored." 

I say to them: "That's what boring people say." And they promptly become un-bored (that's a real word, honest!) 

There's an art to keeping yourself entertained imho. 

18 hours ago, Alyxx said:

I mix it up as well when I get bored of a game.

Good to hear, that's the best way! How often to does it take you get bored of one and alternate between video games? Furthermore,  do you believe renting a video game is better than purchasing to avoid this issue?

8 minutes ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Good to hear, that's the best way! How often to does it take you get bored of one and alternate between video games? Furthermore,  do you believe renting a video game is better than purchasing to avoid this issue?

It depends on the game. Some games I get really hooked on. Others I get easily bored of.

And I've never rented games in my life so it's not something I've considered. I prefer having the option to play a game whenever I want.

On 12/19/2018 at 7:25 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

Do you ever get bored of the same video games that you are playing? I certainty do but I have my ways of overcoming this. Give it a week or two and I'm bored I will alternate between video games and then to return to the original after a couple of weeks to avoid boredom  

Since I don't have that much time to play video games nowadays, I won't get tired of them that easily and I do tend to mix it up so my video gaming experience always feels fresh.

Sometimes. I actually had this issue recently because I got slightly bored with my current PS4 game collection and wanted a new game. The main thing that I was missing was having a first-person shooter because I get one every year. But this year, I was slightly disappointed with both Black Ops 4 and Battlefield 5 so didn't get it at first. But in the end I bought BO4 recently so I'm not bored anymore. Plus I get to still enjoy my other games.

1 hour ago, DarthHazard said:

Sometimes. I actually had this issue recently because I got slightly bored with my current PS4 game collection and wanted a new game. The main thing that I was missing was having a first-person shooter because I get one every year. But this year, I was slightly disappointed with both Black Ops 4 and Battlefield 5 so didn't get it at first. But in the end I bought BO4 recently so I'm not bored anymore. Plus I get to still enjoy my other games.

Battlefield 4 is a brilliant game - definitely one of the best in the series. Too bad EA ruined the franchise with Battlefield V - the most lazily built game of the year. It's basically a Battlefield 1 DLC lol