Jump to content
Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
DylanC

Should I buy an NES mini?

Recommended Posts

So tempted to pick up an NES mini console. I've heard the controller length is super short, but the list of games looks pretty damn tantalising. It's around £50 at the moment in the UK. Has anyone else got one? What're your thoughts on the console?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Nintendo announced that they are not making more (for now) , for a collectors it will be nice , its a solid mini console with good games unlike the mini PS1.
I agree with most members I will rather emulate the games , also if you just want to play the games with a NES controller you can get an USB controller for under 10 dollars on ebay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Well Nintendo announced that they are not making more (for now) , for a collectors it will be nice , its a solid mini console with good games unlike the mini PS1.
I agree with most members I will rather emulate the games , also if you just want to play the games with a NES controller you can get an USB controller for under 10 dollars on ebay.

It's a gimmick to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the responses, guys. Still on the fence about it tbh. I think I'll pick one up in a sale or something. The collector and kid in me wants one so bad! The realist in me is telling me to grow the f&*% up, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DylanC said:

Thanks for the responses, guys. Still on the fence about it tbh. I think I'll pick one up in a sale or something. The collector and kid in me wants one so bad! The realist in me is telling me to grow the f&*% up, lol.

Maybe for this once you should listen to the realist in you. Especially with the number of amazing games coming out this year.

Or not..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember playing top gear for the Super NES back in the days but no, I wouldn't recommend buying one because you can easily find emulators to run those same games. If you are buying it as a collector's item for the nostalgia effect, then you can do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the reviews on the youtube, not sure if I can go back into this product line. I mean I don't see the money spent on this being any worth either. It just sounds like we are feeding nostalgia here. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the love of the Gods no! These minis an classics systems are worthless. All they are is a shameful cash grab. Don't waste your money. If nostalgia is your reason, you'll seriously regret it. Nostalgia isn't satisfied by a replica.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2019 at 8:59 PM, The Blackangel said:

For the love of the Gods no! These minis an classics systems are worthless. All they are is a shameful cash grab. Don't waste your money. If nostalgia is your reason, you'll seriously regret it. Nostalgia isn't satisfied by a replica.

THE CHURCH OF NINA STRUTHERS HAS SPOKEN!

Edited by UleTheVee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...