Register Now
kingpotato

Movie/TV licensed games

3 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

I'll just end with this.

Nobody asked for any of this. The expectations rose because the companies who made the games wanted them to, not because the consumer did.

And to be quite frank. That's something that even Jim Sterling has said. That this whole "Rising Cost" thing has happened because developers wanted it to happen.

Ok, so if a company released a game like Super Mario Bros today and charged $60/£40 you'd be ok with that? Consumers' expectations haven't changed at all, right? Of course they have!

I follow Jim Sterling but I don't agree with everything he says.

26 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

So true, I've never seen an Austin powers game, although by the time the movie was made the Mature videogame market wasnt that big like today so thats probably the reason, Sad.

I would choose mini-me every time or Doctor Evil lol. Would be awesome if had an attack with sharks having laser beams attached to their heads - it would be an instant classic for me 🤣

Just now, killamch89 said:

I would choose mini-me every time or Doctor Evil lol. Would be awesome if had an attack with sharks having laser beams attached to their heads - it would be an instant classic for me 🤣

I just googled Austin power games and it seems that there was one made for the Gameboy color, it seems it did poorly on the market.

Just now, kingpotato said:

I just googled Austin power games and it seems that there was one made for the Gameboy color, it seems it did poorly on the market.

That doesn't count lol. With Nintendo's censoring and the limitations of gameboy color - it doesn't surprise me that game did poorly.

4 hours ago, Alyxx said:

I enjoy a lot of licensed games to be honest. Some of my favourites are:

007 GoldenEye
Blade Runner
The Lion King
Star Wars: Dark Forces 2
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time
Alien: Isolation
Duck Tales
Chip'n'Dale Rescue Rangers

I could probably list a lot more to be honest.

I just wanna say that this is a great list of licensed games. I've played most of the games on this list and these are all terrific titles!

On 12/20/2018 at 4:06 PM, DylanC said:

I just wanna say that this is a great list of licensed games. I've played most of the games on this list and these are all terrific titles!

Especially 007 GoldenEye and Alien: Isolation - both were very solid titles. Alien Isolation has to be on my top 3 scariest games I have ever played. I once jumped off my bed when the curtain in my room brushed my arm while playing Alien 🤣

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Especially 007 GoldenEye and Alien: Isolation - both were very solid titles. Alien Isolation has to be on my top 3 scariest games I have ever played. I once jumped off my bed when the curtain in my room brushed my arm while playing Alien 🤣

It absolutely NAILS the atmosphere...

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

So true lol - Especially when a Xenomorph is in the room with you and you're hiding under a table or in a locker - you're like "just go away!" and you're hyperventilating...By far the scariest game I ever played 😭

Yeah fuck... don't remind me, I get panic attacks lol

I've played several that I've enjoyed.

TMNT 1,2,3
Terminator
Alien 3
Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers
Ducktales
Friday The 13th
Jeopardy
The Little Mermaid
The Rocketeer
Yo! Noid
Beavis & Butthead
Batman
Ren & Stimpy
Wizard Of Oz
South Park
Star Wars

And all sorts of randoms. Mostly Disney titles. But that's just a quick list off the top of my head.

On 5/4/2019 at 9:47 PM, Bargain_Bin_Gaming said:

Late to this convo, but what about the LOTR games from EA? Two Towers and Return of the King? Loved them as a preteen and really would love to go back and play them!

Oh I remember Return of the King, great game, I was always playing with Legolas.