Register Now
killamch89

Epic Games Store

I read an article a couple weeks back about Epic Games opening their own store to compete with Steam and their platform has a bigger incentive over Valve's - the developers get way money from the sales of their games. What do you think of this move by Epic Games? Will it rival Steam's platform for indie developers over time?

38 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

That they should be more concerned abou their lawsuits and Privacy Policies which literally are against consumers and that Discord is doing it better than the Epic Games Store is.

There.

Yeah, I heard about the lawsuit for the Carlton dance and the Epic Games Store just launched in December so let's give it a couple months before we start calling it a failed project.

40 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah, I heard about the lawsuit for the Carlton dance and the Epic Games Store just launched in December so let's give it a couple months before we start calling it a failed project.

JUST the Carlton Dance one?! LOL. Dude, there have been more than 4 lawsuits from a huge variety of angles. Epic Games is estimated to lose millions

3 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

JUST the Carlton Dance one?! LOL. Dude, there have been more than 4 lawsuits from a huge variety of angles. Epic Games is estimated to lose millions

It depends on how the courts see it I guess. I'm not sure how the law works for this because it's dancing and I'm not sure they can copyright dances. Plus, what makes it so that Carlton gets the money from Epic. Since it was on a TV show, should the TV show not then get the money since the dance could technically be theirs?

2 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

It depends on how the courts see it I guess. I'm not sure how the law works for this because it's dancing and I'm not sure they can copyright dances. Plus, what makes it so that Carlton gets the money from Epic. Since it was on a TV show, should the TV show not then get the money since the dance could technically be theirs?

I think it's the company that aired Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air that sued so yeah it's the owner of the show.

13 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Also, Discord is offering a 90/10 cut now. So yeah, that proposition from Epic Games fell out of the water.

I see your point now. I'm not sure Epic Games can offer a better deal than that - How do you even compete with that? lol 

I think EPIC game store may turn out to be a good steam alternative. As in many games are being released exclusively for the EPIC. So that can get pretty effective and stronger in the due time. If more games and platforms join the store, then it can get pretty strong on that note too. I guess we learn from our experience though. Not all the time this can be a good option there. 

16 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think EPIC game store may turn out to be a good steam alternative. As in many games are being released exclusively for the EPIC. So that can get pretty effective and stronger in the due time. If more games and platforms join the store, then it can get pretty strong on that note too. I guess we learn from our experience though. Not all the time this can be a good option there. 

Like the Metro Exodus deal, I was looking forward to getting it but this store exclusivity policy by Epic Games is really grinding my gears.

On 1/31/2019 at 11:45 PM, skyfire said:

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Like the Metro Exodus deal, I was looking forward to getting it but this store exclusivity policy by Epic Games is really grinding my gears.

imagen.png.48b637f8e27d14de56494e708e0c7ab2.png

Nuff said.

There is also anthem deal which costs 15$. I don't know how many hours that deal will remain. So maybe they may close it or may move to another store online. So far I think anthem deals running all over the web. It seems like a good game so kind of obvious there are going to be discount for the same.