Register Now
killamch89

When did you first get into PC gaming?

All of us PC master race members have a backstory about what got us to leave the console realm and enter the "light". My story started back in 2011 when I first started playing two mmorpgs - Eden Eternal and Champions Online and I got hooked to both games but my PC at the time wasn't powerful enough so I started putting money aside and bought an I5-2500K with an AMD 6970 gpu along with other components and built my first system. You could say the rest was history. What about you? When did you first get into PC gaming and why?  

It was a lot of years back in the time, 8 if I remember right. The first video games that I felt in love with were Counter Strike 1.6 and Minecraft. At the time they were my favourite ones and I didn't play that much other games basically.

Edited by Keranov

1 hour ago, Keranov said:

It was a lot of years back in the time, 8 if I remember right. The first video games that I felt in love with were Counter Strike 1.6 and Minecraft. At the time they were my favourite ones and I didn't play that much other games basically.

I used to play Doom, Max Payne, and Counterstrike on the PC back in the days but I wasn't that interested in it at the time. 

On 8/24/2019 at 7:08 PM, skyfire said:

I think the old CS and Maxpayne were really good compared to many other 1 dimensional game we have today. I remember I got into PC gaming during the time when  the road  rash was one good game. 

Road Rash was a pretty entertaining game although it was quite repetitive but I loved playing it. I also used to play a lot of Fifa on PC back in the days as well.

When I was like 3 years old. My very first games were PC games and I was primarily a PC gamer through the 90's and until today. Grew up with a lot of early 90's DOS games and then moved on to 3DFX graphics games.

Edited by Alyxx

On 9/21/2019 at 6:09 PM, Alyxx said:

When I was like 3 years old. My very first games were PC games and I was primarily a PC gamer through the 90's and until today. Grew up with a lot of early 90's DOS games and then moved on to 3DFX graphics games.

I used to play PC games in the 90's as well but at the time I much preferred console games so I spent more of my time playing those.

I've never actually played console, I was born of the PC master race. 😄 

I played Commander Keen back in the late 90s, when I was but a wee sprout, but otherwise I didn't really play any video games until The Sims 2 came out in 2004. Then in 2009 or 2010 I started playing a couple of first person shooters with a friend (Left4Dead, Borderlands and a couple more I can't remember) and we played some Portals too. Since then I've played The Sims 3 and 4 and I've played Skyrim a lot. Right now I'm building shit in Planet Zoo. I miss having a best friend to shoot baddies with though (or club them over the head with a melee weapon or whatever)! In other words, I like my PC. I feel comfortable with mouse and keyboard and I like having the screen right in front of my face (there's, like, 3 meters from my couch to my ancient tv). 

I'm not too much of a PC gamer, but about 20-25 years ago I was more into it. I played games like Diablo 1&2, Age Of Empires 1&2, MDK, and a few hunting games. One of my favorites was Deer Avenger. That one was absolutely hilarious. Of the games mentioned, the only ones I currently have anymore are AOE2, Diablo, and Diablo 2. But I'm not sure where Diablo 2 is. I came across it a couple months ago, but don't remember what I did with it.

At least with Windows 10 it has the ability to run older programs. So that's a plus.

I actually got into PC gaming when I was very young. My father and uncle would play Total Annihilation together, and little me would sit on her daddy's lap and help make choices and do things. I'm talking around 8-9 years old at the latest. After that, around age 10, I got into MMOs. After a reprise from PC gaming for the most part after getting hooked on other gaming consoles and such. I returned to PC gaming probably six or so years ago, playing online games with an ex. In recent years, I solely play games on PC, mostly because my 3DS broke clean in half and there's a huge mess in front of the TV so it's hard to try to get a game working at this stage. Plus my PC games are addictive. 😄