Register Now
killamch89

When did you first get into PC gaming?

Earlier this year I saved up money from a temporary retail job I did over Christmas and invested a good chunk of the money into a gaming PC. I bought the parts not a pre-built PC, cost me around £800 if you include everything - by that I mean the chair and monitor too.

On 6/19/2020 at 5:49 PM, ARx182 said:

Earlier this year I saved up money from a temporary retail job I did over Christmas and invested a good chunk of the money into a gaming PC. I bought the parts not a pre-built PC, cost me around £800 if you include everything - by that I mean the chair and monitor too.

Reasonable PC it must be at the cost of the 800. I know a lot of my friends are upgrading their laptop and desktops this christmas.

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

Reasonable PC it must be at the cost of the 800. I know a lot of my friends are upgrading their laptop and desktops this christmas.

Smart purchases can get you a very good PC for that price. My PC can run most games at good quality and I personally think of it as my best investment. 

5 hours ago, skyfire said:

I am soon getting gaming laptop but mostly for my work from home reasons so that I don't have to rely on the office PC or the screen. 

What are the specifications of the laptop you are planning on buying if you don't mind sharing? Personally, I know for a fact that I wouldn't enjoy gaming on a laptop, simply because it's not my style. My brother wants one though, so I guess it is down to preference.

19 hours ago, ARx182 said:

What are the specifications of the laptop you are planning on buying if you don't mind sharing? Personally, I know for a fact that I wouldn't enjoy gaming on a laptop, simply because it's not my style. My brother wants one though, so I guess it is down to preference.

My requirement is based on design and code work I do. Moslty I need bigger screen 16 to 17 inch. And anything with 2GB Graphics memory is fine for me. Ryzen even better so. But I can't have desktop anymore due to me having to visit the clients for design clients showing them design mockups.. so I am lately leaning in between the ASUS and Apple Macbook Pro that meets this requirement. 

2 hours ago, skyfire said:

My requirement is based on design and code work I do. Moslty I need bigger screen 16 to 17 inch. And anything with 2GB Graphics memory is fine for me. Ryzen even better so. But I can't have desktop anymore due to me having to visit the clients for design clients showing them design mockups.. so I am lately leaning in between the ASUS and Apple Macbook Pro that meets this requirement. 

Yeah, I can understand why laptops are the go-to option for most people due to their portability. Luckily for me, I don't need to take my system anywhere. I hope you find whatever it is that you're looking for!

On 8/16/2020 at 1:09 PM, Oliver said:

I got into PC gaming because I could pirate games and get free games as a kid. First game I played on PC was Pokemon red and blue on NO$GBA emulator.

Haha. A lot of folks got through pirated games because the price range on a lot of boxes is simply not affordable even today. 

7 hours ago, skyfire said:

Budget based laptop and desktop today have i5 intel chips or Ryzen 5 most likely atleast this year 2020. Maybe laptops and desktop purchased few years back would have stress issues with graphics. 

If it wasn't for AMD, we'd still be quad core processors and having to buy a new motherboard for every new Intel chipset that came out. At least, these computers can handle far more demanding tasks than say 2-3 years ago...