Register Now
killamch89

When did you first get into PC gaming?

For me, my first initial time with a PC was back when my parents got a commodore 64 used from someone. They included a bunch of software and games. I wish I had that software yet, wouldn't mind going through it to see what I had. Anyway, that system didn't last long. Not sure why, but I hear that when they're older, they tend to die out faster. I got the thing in the mid 90s, so it wasn't new by any means. I had it in a shed for years after and I think we eventually tossed it. I regret that, as I wouldn't mind looking it over again to see if I can maybe even fix it. 

After that, the parents got a windows 95 pc, and that's when I started to enjoy the internet. 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

For me, my first initial time with a PC was back when my parents got a commodore 64 used from someone. They included a bunch of software and games. I wish I had that software yet, wouldn't mind going through it to see what I had. Anyway, that system didn't last long. Not sure why, but I hear that when they're older, they tend to die out faster. I got the thing in the mid 90s, so it wasn't new by any means. I had it in a shed for years after and I think we eventually tossed it. I regret that, as I wouldn't mind looking it over again to see if I can maybe even fix it. 

After that, the parents got a windows 95 pc, and that's when I started to enjoy the internet. 

Hold up! What's a commodore 64? Sorry, I'm an 80s baby but I don't recall that one at all. What was it like to use that thing? Also, What size was it?

I have always been a gaming PC user since the very start. Like anyone else when you are at a very young age in your family home with your home PC. My granddad had a very old 1994 Pc that he had that only get used once in a blue moon and didn't get into PC when I was 9 or 10 years old when I used them at school. Gaming wasn't a thing for me from the start till I learn more and more and just bang into some basic games. Remember every week I went down the road from my home to use the public online centre for two years playing games till 6 pm and then go home. Back then we did not have cable. XP was around then.

Gaming became big when I had my own gaming PC rig in 2012 that can handle most games back then, At the time of getting a built PC in 2012 that's the 5th PC that I own. Had two Laptops and two desktops. Like I said 2004/2005 was when I first go into PCs 

On 12/19/2020 at 1:12 PM, DudeThatsErin said:

My first game was The Sims 1 Complete Collection. I loved that game. That introduced me to PC Gaming.

Brings back so many memories of accidentally trapping my Sims in the kitchen and it burns them alive.

8 hours ago, skyfire said:

I wonder how many folks who started gaming in 1990s to 2010 time period still have lot of boxes. I guess after some time we end up forgeting which was the first game. 

I sometimes forget what was my first game. I have to go through all the names of the PC games I played as a kid before it comes back to me.

17 hours ago, skyfire said:

I wonder how many folks who started gaming in 1990s to 2010 time period still have lot of boxes. I guess after some time we end up forgeting which was the first game. 

I started getting in gaming PC in ready 2000s 🙂 around 2004 and 2005 myself and I have boxed games since 2001. 

I began PC gaming in 2015, after a year I can only describe as the worst I've ever experienced in video gaming. I guess my tale begins in 2013 when I'd bought a Playstation 4 in advance to play The Elder Scrolls Online, except it saw delays. A few other games I wanted for the PS4 were also being delayed, so I eventually grew tired and traded it in toward an Xbox One to play my highly anticipated Sunset Overdrive, which didn't appeal to me as much as the Sunset TV marketing campaign did. Following disappointment after disappointment, pre-order after pre-order I eventually sold that to put toward a Wii U and enjoyed what few games I played on it. In March I decided it was high time to get a PC, which took me about nearly 2 months of research and a budget of just over £400 to custom build what was pretty much no better than a seventh gen console. Oh dear.

I hadn't had many good experiences with that PC as the GPU once died on me. Eventually the motherboard gave up the ghost, and in less than 12 months after having it repaired the PSU began to make insufferable noises I wasn't going to tolerate much longer. I bought a brand new PC, named it Wizard Peak, and having upgraded it just last week I've renamed it to Nosferatu.

Oh, and I should add I've since played The Elder Scrolls Online. It's alright.