Register Now
killamch89

AMD Build

I am planning on building a new rig soon but I wanted to go with an AMD build because my first Gpu was a Radeon 6970 and with how well the new amd processors are doing along with their price point, I feel it is time to make the jump. I need a bit of help though as I haven't been paying that much attention to AMD in recent years and would like a bit of advice about what parts to get for my AMD build. Also, I heard a rumor that at the next CES convention, AMD is going to introduce a new line of CPUs and GPUs that will blow Nvidia and Intel completely out of the water so should I hold off until they come out or just do my AMD build now?

14 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I am planning on building a new rig soon but I wanted to go with an AMD build because my first Gpu was a Radeon 6970 and with how well the new amd processors are doing along with their price point, I feel it is time to make the jump. I need a bit of help though as I haven't been paying that much attention to AMD in recent years and would like a bit of advice about what parts to get for my AMD build. Also, I heard a rumor that at the next CES convention, AMD is going to introduce a new line of CPUs and GPUs that will blow Nvidia and Intel completely out of the water so should I hold off until they come out or just do my AMD build now?

Buy me a RYZEN 5 along it's motherboard and ignore that voice in your head that says it's wrong.

I commaaaaannnddd youuuuu

First to start off, what amount of money are you going to spend on the build and what are you going to use it for? Also, about the new products of AMD. It's true that you will get a lot of performance for much cheaper than now. If you could wait for them to get released it would be better.

On 1/2/2019 at 6:05 PM, Keranov said:

First to start off, what amount of money are you going to spend on the build and what are you going to use it for? Also, about the new products of AMD. It's true that you will get a lot of performance for much cheaper than now. If you could wait for them to get released it would be better.

And based on the leaks the new AMD processors are going to completely blow Intel out of the water and they are supposed to reveal these new processors as well as some new graphics cards at CES next week. AMD coming back with a BANG! I'm willing to spend up to $800

I am not sure if you have gone with AMD build considering it's been a while since you posted the thread. I'd say that wait till May when the new graphics card stock is coming. You may definitely find new NVIDIA card that may be good for few more years of gaming. I think if you have decent budget in such case then you can also upgrade and downgrade as required as well. 

On 3/2/2019 at 11:24 PM, skyfire said:

I am not sure if you have gone with AMD build considering it's been a while since you posted the thread. I'd say that wait till May when the new graphics card stock is coming. You may definitely find new NVIDIA card that may be good for few more years of gaming. I think if you have decent budget in such case then you can also upgrade and downgrade as required as well. 

I am waiting until the new processors and graphics cards launch before I buy anything. I'm tired of Nvidia's crappy software - the idiotic Geforce Experience is so pointless. Trying to download a graphics card update through this thing is like someone trying to blend corn in a blender - it'll never come out smoothly and will destroy the blender. On top of downloading it, installing it is like teeth pulling.

On 4/13/2019 at 8:42 PM, killamch89 said:

I am waiting until the new processors and graphics cards launch before I buy anything. I'm tired of Nvidia's crappy software - the idiotic Geforce Experience is so pointless. Trying to download a graphics card update through this thing is like someone trying to blend corn in a blender - it'll never come out smoothly and will destroy the blender. On top of downloading it, installing it is like teeth pulling.

SO I can tell you nowadays that my build of AMD Ryzen 5 2600X + NVIDIA 1660Ti is actually the best you can get for 800 bucks. In fact, you will end up getting some money to spare. So yeah, I recommend you go with that build.

Anyways, here's me playing Dissidia NT

On 4/15/2019 at 11:17 PM, UleTheVee said:

SO I can tell you nowadays that my build of AMD Ryzen 5 2600X + NVIDIA 1660Ti is actually the best you can get for 800 bucks. In fact, you will end up getting some money to spare. So yeah, I recommend you go with that build.

Anyways, here's me playing Dissidia NT

I'm just going to wait on the new Ryzen CPUs which will launch in a couple of months and also the Navi GPUs.

If you wish to get new games and want new set of processor then you should consider getting the Ryzen 3600 set of processor. I think they can be pretty good from the reviews that I have checked on first tests. They may launch in July I assume. 

On 5/30/2019 at 6:40 AM, skyfire said:

If you wish to get new games and want new set of processor then you should consider getting the Ryzen 3600 set of processor. I think they can be pretty good from the reviews that I have checked on first tests. They may launch in July I assume. 

Yeah, I was waiting for these to launch. I am also waiting for the benchmarks/performance tests and reviews before I make the decision to purchase one.

I think overall performance tests and also the reviews on games would take like 1 or more months for the same. I think decision making is a bit difficult on that part if the processor is too good to be true with what I have noticed. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

I think overall performance tests and also the reviews on games would take like 1 or more months for the same. I think decision making is a bit difficult on that part if the processor is too good to be true with what I have noticed. 

That's why I'll choose to be patient but it's still way better than anything Intel can offer in the next 2 years. Intel is starting to fall behind and AMD don't look like they will be slowing down anytime soon but I don't want Intel to fall behind because the competition brings about innovation along with reasonable prices which benefits us the consumers.

On 6/5/2019 at 9:20 AM, skyfire said:

I hope to see the new performance chips soon though. I hope they get released prior to say Nov. I think out of 3 chips there would be 2 released in next few months. 

Yeah, I do believe two of them are coming out August alongside a couple of graphics cards from the new Navi line. I can't wait!