Register Now
killamch89

First Game ever bought on Steam?

The first game I ever bought on steam was GTA 4 and the dlcs back in 2011 or was it 2012?. I remember purchasing them on a sale for $25 ( this was before I even knew about G2A) and I played those games non-stop for months. What about you? What was the first game you ever bought on Steam?

6 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

The first game I ever bought on steam was GTA 4 and the dlcs back in 2011 or was it 2012?. I remember purchasing them on a sale for $25 ( this was before I even knew about G2A) and I played those games non-stop for months. What about you? What was the first game you ever bought on Steam?

G2A is disgusting m8

15 hours ago, DylanC said:

I’m pretty sure my first Steam game was FTL.

My friend used to be addicted to Faster than Light and I couldn't tell you why either. I mean it seems like a decent game and a somewhat casual game that is easy to get into but I still didn't get his addiction. But then again, I know people who are addicted to pretty bizarre objects as well...

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

My friend used to be addicted to Faster than Light and I couldn't tell you why either. I mean it seems like a decent game and a somewhat casual game that is easy to get into but I still didn't get his addiction. But then again, I know people who are addicted to pretty bizarre objects as well...

Indeed, FTL is fairly easy to get into, but it’s hard as hell, even on Easy difficulty. I’ve managed to beat the game on Hard, though. Which is probably harder than Dark Souls imho.

10 hours ago, DylanC said:

Indeed, FTL is fairly easy to get into, but it’s hard as hell, even on Easy difficulty. I’ve managed to beat the game on Hard, though. Which is probably harder than Dark Souls imho.

Harder than Dark Souls?! My curiosity is getting the better of me now...Let me check it out on Youtube.

9 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Harder than Dark Souls?! My curiosity is getting the better of me now...Let me check it out on Youtube.

From a gameplay-perspective, it's nothing like Dark Souls. But from a challenge-perspective, the Hard mode is definitely more challenging than Dark Souls. It's got permadeath, the AI will brutalise you and due to its roguelike nature, sometimes you can simply have an unlucky run and die horribly in a matter of moments. BUT, it's INCREDIBLE and super rewarding. No other game makes you feel like you're the Captain of a spaceship quite like FTL.

4 minutes ago, DylanC said:

From a gameplay-perspective, it's nothing like Dark Souls. But from a challenge-perspective, the Hard mode is definitely more challenging than Dark Souls. It's got permadeath, the AI will brutalise you and due to its roguelike nature, sometimes you can simply have an unlucky run and die horribly in a matter of moments. BUT, it's INCREDIBLE and super rewarding. No other game makes you feel like you're the Captain of a spaceship quite like FTL.

I know it's nothing like Dark Souls gameplay-wise - my friend had the game but the difficulty has piqued my interest...I love challenging games.

3 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I know it's nothing like Dark Souls gameplay-wise - my friend had the game but the difficulty has piqued my interest...I love challenging games.

Sorry, I just didn't want you to go into it thinking it might be like a Souls-like. You should definitely give FTL a chance. Completing FTL on Hard mode is a phenomenal feat. Heck, completing the game on Easy is a challenge on its own when you're first starting out. I'd suggest trying to beat it on Easy first, and then working your way up the difficulty settings. It's a brutal, unforgiving game.

Edited by DylanC

On 12/24/2018 at 2:49 PM, DylanC said:

Sorry, I just didn't want you to go into it thinking it might be like a Souls-like. You should definitely give FTL a chance. Completing FTL on Hard mode is a phenomenal feat. Heck, completing the game on Easy is a challenge on its own when you're first starting out. I'd suggest trying to beat it on Easy first, and then working your way up the difficulty settings. It's a brutal, unforgiving game.

I was watching someone play it on Hard and does that guy have insane reflexes! I'd have died 1000 times already if that was me lol

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I was watching someone play it on Hard and does that guy have insane reflexes! I'd have died 1000 times already if that was me lol

Right? It’s crazy how super hard it is! Took me a long time to beat Hard mode! Died more times than I care to admit...