Register Now
killamch89

Best Rpgs Currently Out For The PC?

Ever since playing games like Skyrim and Eden Eternal and Champions Online from in 2011 as well as a couple other games along the way. I have not kept up with the RPG genre that much so I am asking for advice on the best Rpgs out currently which you play and can recommend wholeheartedly.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

Ever since playing games like Skyrim and Eden Eternal and Champions Online from in 2011 as well as a couple other games along the way. I have not kept up with the RPG genre that much so I am asking for advice on the best Rpgs out currently which you play and can recommend wholeheartedly.

FInal Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

Resonance of Fate

The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky The 3rd

2 hours ago, Alyxx said:

I've heard Monster Hunter World and Octopath Traveler are both great. Both will be on the Top 10 Games of 2018 list anyway.

I have Monster hunter World but I'm not certain it is labelled as a RPG. I'll give Octopath Traveler a look since I hardly know anything about this game.

On 12/22/2018 at 12:23 AM, killamch89 said:

I have Monster hunter World but I'm not certain it is labelled as a RPG. I'll give Octopath Traveler a look since I hardly know anything about this game.

Yeah, sorry, I've never played it. Just heard it was a RPG. but I stand corrected!

1 hour ago, Keranov said:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Kingdom Come: Deliverance are pretty good RPGs to play. I still haven't played them but I'm planning to do so.

I can proudly vouch for those two amazing RPGs. The Witcher 3 is just one of the most amazing games out there. Now, if you have played Red Dead Redemption II, then you will most likely notice some similarities. Both games follow a somewhat same mechanism in NPC behaviours, and other, gameplay-wise. Both games have huge worlds and loads of things to do. I think that you will enjoy The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt more than Kingdom Come: Deliverance but that is just my opinion. 

19 hours ago, iaminsensible said:

I can proudly vouch for those two amazing RPGs. The Witcher 3 is just one of the most amazing games out there. Now, if you have played Red Dead Redemption II, then you will most likely notice some similarities. Both games follow a somewhat same mechanism in NPC behaviours, and other, gameplay-wise. Both games have huge worlds and loads of things to do. I think that you will enjoy The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt more than Kingdom Come: Deliverance but that is just my opinion. 

The Witcher 3 is an excellent game - I know that much. The problem with the PC version of this game is that it is poorly optimized. When my GTX 1080 TI with I7 processor is struggling in some parts of the game to register 30 fps on ultra settings, it paints a very damning picture. The worse part is I am not the only PC gamer I know with this issue - I have a friend with an almost identical setup (we built our PCs at the same time and bought similar parts.) and his GTX 1080ti overheated and stopped working. 

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The Witcher 3 is an excellent game - I know that much. The problem with the PC version of this game is that it is poorly optimized. When my GTX 1080 TI with I7 processor is struggling in some parts of the game to register 30 fps on ultra settings, it paints a very damning picture. The worse part is I am not the only PC gamer I know with this issue - I have a friend with an almost identical setup (we built our PCs at the same time and bought similar parts.) and his GTX 1080ti overheated and stopped working. 

Hm, I played it on PS4 PRO, so I am not sure if that is something that happens to everyone, but apart from the optimisation (Which I agree, is a big part when it comes to gaming), the game is excellent, as you said. But you could always try similar games like Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor or Middle Earth: Shadow of War. There are many beautifully designed RPGs out there.

1 minute ago, iaminsensible said:

Hm, I played it on PS4 PRO, so I am not sure if that is something that happens to everyone, but apart from the optimisation (Which I agree, is a big part when it comes to gaming), the game is excellent, as you said. But you could always try similar games like Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor or Middle Earth: Shadow of War. There are many beautifully designed RPGs out there.

I am aware of those two titles, a part of isn't really that interested in them at the moment though.