Register Now
killamch89

Ask Killa

22 hours ago, DC said:

Favorite hip hop artist?

My Favorite has to be Tupac Shakur because of how he managed to paint pictures with his lyrics and I learned some valuable lessons from some of his songs.

20 hours ago, Rey said:

Favorite movie ?

Don't be a menace in south central while drinking your juice in the hood is my favorite movie just because this movie managed to make me laugh from the beginning to the end and even though I know all the punchlines in this movie, they still crack me up lol.

12 hours ago, DC said:

What's your favorite time of day?

In general, I always the afternoons because I am most productive and efficient at that time of the day although it changes depending on what my plans are for that particular day.

5 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Most valuable life lesson learned in 2018?

The lesson I learned was sometimes you have to take it to the chin. - About March this year, my original website and a couple other accounts got hacked and taken out by a hacker - leaving my business I had been building for close to a decade in ruins. I had to take a couple months off and just had to re-invent my way of doing business and incredibly, I bounced back within 3 months after starting to do animation again in August. Something like that would have completely destroyed most people and that was my initial response but in reality that hacker did me a favor - he/she made me re-evaluate everything I was doing up to that point and made me even more hungry and determined.

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The lesson I learned was sometimes you have to take it to the chin. - About March this year, my original website and a couple other accounts got hacked and taken out by a hacker - leaving my business I had been building for close to a decade in ruins. I had to take a couple months off and just had to re-invent my way of doing business and incredibly, I bounced back within 3 months after starting to do animation again in August. Something like that would have completely destroyed most people and that was my initial response but in reality that hacker did me a favor - he/she made me re-evaluate everything I was doing up to that point and made me even more hungry and determined.

That's an amazing story. Something like that would be close to my worst nightmare. I imagine that recovering from something like that and evolving would do a lot to boost your confidence. Now you know you can rely on yourself to adapt. 

What were some of the changes you made to how you do business which helped you start over successfully?

8 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

That's an amazing story. Something like that would be close to my worst nightmare. I imagine that recovering from something like that and evolving would do a lot to boost your confidence. Now you know you can rely on yourself to adapt. 

What were some of the changes you made to how you do business which helped you start over successfully?

I started using better software for animation, accounting etc. and I was a bit bolder in my approach like messaging Youtubers, companies like Google etc. I also stopped paying for sub-standard services such as: Dropbox. 

5 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

Any advice on cold-pitching?

Find the correct department that can utilize your skillset and when messaging them, try not to sound desperate and also I forget to mention this before but have some kind of side-project that you do that shows off your skillset. For example, I post small animation videos on FB almost every day ( except when I am extremely busy like now.). It can serve as a type of portfolio which will benefit you. Most importantly, don't take the rejection too personally and don't get discouraged - take it as a learning process.