Register Now
killamch89

Ask Killa

On 1/4/2019 at 11:39 AM, killamch89 said:

Find the correct department that can utilize your skillset and when messaging them, try not to sound desperate and also I forget to mention this before but have some kind of side-project that you do that shows off your skillset. For example, I post small animation videos on FB almost every day ( except when I am extremely busy like now.). It can serve as a type of portfolio which will benefit you. Most importantly, don't take the rejection too personally and don't get discouraged - take it as a learning process.

Thanks for all the tips and advice! I know one needs to use a rifle and not a shotgun, but to what extent have you discovered it is a numbers game?

Just now, StaceyPowers said:

Thanks for all the tips and advice! I know one needs to use a rifle and not a shotgun, but to what extent have you discovered it is a numbers game?

I guess it's because I used to work in law enforcement but you kind of have to profile your client and see what they are lacking and how your skills helps to solve the problem.

36 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I guess it's because I used to work in law enforcement but you kind of have to profile your client and see what they are lacking and how your skills helps to solve the problem.

That's very cool. I never would've thought of law enforcement skills being handy in sales.