Register Now
killamch89

Ask Killa

On 2/19/2019 at 4:36 PM, StaceyPowers said:

What's a moment in a video game that struck you as profound?

That would be in Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain when Venom Snake was bitten by a snake (the irony) trying to save one of his subordinates - Quiet. She wakes up after being knocked unconscious by the impact of a tank shell explosion only to find him unresponsive. She cannot speak English because her body contained a contagious parasite that would be activated if she ever spoke any English killing her instantly but their rescuers are radioing them to rendezvous with them. Quiet spoke Russian over the walkie-talkie but the rescuers don't understand. She is forced to speak English to save Venom's life at the cost of her own.

22 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That would be in Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain when Venom Snake was bitten by a snake (the irony) trying to save one of his subordinates - Quiet. She wakes up after being knocked unconscious by the impact of a tank shell explosion only to find him unresponsive. She cannot speak English because her body contained a contagious parasite that would be activated if she ever spoke any English killing her instantly but their rescuers are radioing them to rendezvous with them. Quiet spoke Russian over the walkie-talkie but the rescuers don't understand. She is forced to speak English to save Venom's life at the cost of her own.

Lots of tragic irony in that story. I can see why it'd stick with you. Sometimes when watching what characters in video games are willing to do for each other, I'm like, "why can't I find that IRL?"

2 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Lots of tragic irony in that story. I can see why it'd stick with you. Sometimes when watching what characters in video games are willing to do for each other, I'm like, "why can't I find that IRL?"

Most people are cowardly and self-serving so they always want to receive everything but aren't really willing to give anything in return.

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Most people are cowardly and self-serving so they always want to receive everything but aren't really willing to give anything in return.

Alas, I have been that person myself more times than I’d like to admit. You are right, in any case.

36 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Don't say no one. I love the game.

Oh wait. I am no one.😢

I know you love it - I was speaking in a broader sense. Whenever I bring up the game anywhere else, I keep getting looks of disgust like how PC players look at the Epic Games store.

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Ah, I get you now. Sorry I posted that last night in bed around midnight I think, and I was a pretty wasted. So If there's anything that was posted late from me, it's probably not going to make a damn bit of sense.

No worries mate.

53 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Not a huge fan of burger joints to be honest unless it's a chicken burger and the only place that sells a very delicious one is a fast food chain here in Jamaica called Island Grill.

Didn’t realise you were based in Jamaica. My brother’s fiancee is from Jamaica. Heard that it’s a beautiful country.