Register Now
mont86

Thoughts on Mars ????

Shortie asked about flat earthers..

What are your thoughts on colonizing Mars ??

Branson and Musk seem to have parted ways when it comes to space travel.

Now they are competing against each and a number of different countries are looking toward Mars as the next livable plant.

Bill Nye made some strong points about colonizing mars, "We can’t even take care of this planet where we live, and we’re perfectly suited for it, let alone another planet".
It will be awesome if humans could go to Mars, I would like to go to Mars I dont care if I die there just being on another planet will be cool.

But us living and settling on Mars as a new home it really sounds like a waste of time when we can actually try to save this planet.

On 12/24/2018 at 11:28 PM, mont86 said:

Yeah I agree.. And there is already talk of copyright of mars.

I've been reading too much info on nasa and Musk and spacex.. Seems more for the publicity then anything.

Yeah it does sound more like publicity, but if there is a chance to actually send a human to mars I would love to live long enough to see it happen

On 12/27/2018 at 2:45 AM, mont86 said:

Can that be done ?? I'm skeptical about whether we can save our plant from ourselves ..

With what's going on in the world right now, it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Another question you should ask is can we save us from ourselves?

2 hours ago, mont86 said:

I thought that was implied.. We are our own worst enemy.

Yes, The human race is its own worst enemy. I mean,  let's use the instance - a nuclear bomb - quite a few countries around the world has thousands of them. In addition to their natural destructive force, they also tend to pollute the said area with radiation for decades, making that particular area uninhabitable for humans and wildlife. It's not like we are constantly being invaded by aliens and they could be somewhat useful in turning the tide of a battle against them. Instead, they are made to protect countries from each other... the worst part about it is the nuclear bombs of today are exponentially more powerful than the ones used on the Japanese. If just a couple of those were to go off, it may very well end life on this planet in an instant.

I can just imagine if they were to come upon some kind of resource they could sell for a profit on Mars. There would be a power struggle for control of said resource and they would destroy Mars' surface without thinking twice just excavate more of that precious resource for their own greed and selfishness.

On 1/6/2019 at 11:45 AM, mont86 said:

Exactly and actually there is judgements pending on who has rights on Mars.. I see spacex is previewing a new rocket for space.. They r calling it a spaceship. 

Human greed is the most disgusting thing in existence. We fight over any and everything just to satisfy our egos, it is never done for the greater good, it is for personal gain.