Register Now
mont86

Thoughts on Mars ????

10 minutes ago, mont86 said:

Exactly.. Right off the funny pages...  Makes me wonder why so uninspiring ..

According to them, it was the only practical design to ensure they would break free of the Earth's gravitational pull since they will have far more people and resources to transport to Mars than usual.

43 minutes ago, mont86 said:

I hadn't read that,, just a short story about it has no windows.. But I know a big thing is weight when getting into space, which equals cost as well.

And can't forget safety of human lives.

Something about the design still seems kind of impractical to me but I just can't put my finger on it...

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Something about the design still seems kind of impractical to me but I just can't put my finger on it...

It looks like something off a old sci/fi movie..

I can't tell if it's a joke or not.

On 2/9/2019 at 2:03 AM, acevgr001 said:

As part of a scientific program the mars exploration makes sense. But overall , it just doesn't. Earth has just too many problems to handle that makes Mars too far out. 

I'd rather a bunker with me and a lifetime supply of food and probably my own satellite so I would have some access to the internet and load up some games and I'm good to go!😂

The polar caps have ice on Mars, and there is evidence that rivers once flowed there, but went dry millions of years ago. Most likely either due to an impact that flash boiled all the liquid water causing it to evaporate into space instantly, or due to Olympus Mons.  I think it would be a combination of the two. Mars doesn't have a heavy enough atmosphere or gravitational pull to keep a hold on water if it's flash boiled like that. But with the power Olympus Mons has, it could also launch any liquids straight off the planet. Astrophysics isn't an exact science, and it also isn't always "the simplest answer" kind of scenario. I'll include a pic of a star below, and you won't believe your eyes, I guarantee it.

Rasberry Star.jpg