Register Now
DylanC

Anyone got any good riddles?

On 12/24/2018 at 11:41 PM, DC said:

I've heard this one before. It's pineapple.

What is made to cook but never cooks?

Aw, man just discovered ya post here. Hmm, you really stumped me with this one. I’m gonna guess saucepan? It’s made to cook but isn’t “cooked” so to speak. *scratches head*

3 hours ago, camW00dS said:

There is a thing that nothing is, and yet it has a name. It's sometimes tall and sometimes short, joins our talks, joins our sport, and plays at every game.

A shadow? 

Here's a nice easy one for everyone: What gets bigger the more you take away from it?

Ok here's a riddle for you.

A few years ago, my older brother went crazy. He stabbed my sister to death and attacked my parents. The police managed to subdue him before he killed them too. He's been in a mental hospital ever since and we never visit him.
This morning, we got a letter from him in the mail. The postmark was yesterday. I opened it and inside, I found a strange note:

"Tonight the wind blows colder still.
All I know is darkness, never light.
The pain will break strongest hearts.
My dreams still escape my grasp."

I couldn't make sense of it, so I went to the kitchen and gave it to my mother. As soon as she finished reading it, her face went pale and the note slipped from her fingers. She rushed to the front door and started screaming.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 4/3/2019 at 4:32 PM, The Blackangel said:

Ok here's a riddle for you.

A few years ago, my older brother went crazy. He stabbed my sister to death and attacked my parents. The police managed to subdue him before he killed them too. He's been in a mental hospital ever since and we never visit him.
This morning, we got a letter from him in the mail. The postmark was yesterday. I opened it and inside, I found a strange note:

"Tonight the wind blows colder still.
All I know is darkness, never light.
The pain will break strongest hearts.
My dreams still escape my grasp."

I couldn't make sense of it, so I went to the kitchen and gave it to my mother. As soon as she finished reading it, her face went pale and the note slipped from her fingers. She rushed to the front door and started screaming.

Shit. Just. Got. Real. Not gonna sleep tonight, lol. But OOC, is there an answer to this? Or is it supposed to just invoke existential dread?

"Her face went pale and the note slipped from her fingers" means she knew what the letter meant.

She then rushed to the door to leave/lock it and started screaming because she saw the brother (who had previously tried to kill her) standing at the front door?

So, because the letter was dated yesterday, she knew at the time of opening it that the brother had escaped/been freed from the mental hospital, which justifies her reaction.

This is one of those riddles that you have to reverse engineer to solve.

Next riddle. This is an easy one.

A girl endured terrible bullying every day at school. Some of the girls in her class would even take her to a secluded place and beat her up so nobody would see them doing it. One day, the girl was found lying dead in a pool of blood in the school toilets. The teachers said it was suicide. She had sliced her own wrists and bled to death. They said she left a note behind. It read:

"Please excuse the unfortunate mess. I committed suicide, but it was not because I was bullied."