Register Now
kingpotato

Your thoughts on The Witcher 3

I'm planning on getting this game in the next few weeks, I've heard that its an epic huge open world with a great story and great combat.
But I also heard great things about Monster hunter on 3ds and it wasnt that good.

Whats your opinion on the The Witcher 3 ? is there something that you didnt liked from the game or do I need to play the first two to understand this one ?

3 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Haven't played much but on max graphics settings it sure is beautiful.

It's a pretty intensive game even for my desktop but I do like the graphics. It's also open-world which is always nice and the game can be modded just like Skyrim so most Skyrim lovers will love it.

6 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

It's a pretty intensive game even for my desktop but I do like the graphics. It's also open-world which is always nice and the game can be modded just like Skyrim so most Skyrim lovers will love it.

I'm sorry "Intensive" how ?

I've put about 60 hours into The Witcher III, but this is the important bit: I BARELY FEEL LIKE I'VE SCRATCHED THE SURFACE, which is both a good and a bad thing imho. It feels so vast and huge that it loses sight of the fun factor sometimes. It's a well made, beautiful game with great writing. However, I find the combat and the inventory management pretty clunky. I can see why people are enamoured with it. I liked it it a lot, too. It just didn't quite click with me like it did for many others.

7 hours ago, DylanC said:

I've put about 60 hours into The Witcher III, but this is the important bit: I BARELY FEEL LIKE I'VE SCRATCHED THE SURFACE, which is both a good and a bad thing imho. It feels so vast and huge that it loses sight of the fun factor sometimes. It's a well made, beautiful game with great writing. However, I find the combat and the inventory management pretty clunky. I can see why people are enamoured with it. I liked it it a lot, too. It just didn't quite click with me like it did for many others.

It's an awesome game but just poorly optimized - especially at higher settings. I can't remember having a game that pushes my 1080 TI like that...and that is why I don't play it that often.

On 12/25/2018 at 1:10 AM, DylanC said:

Thats what I was afraid of, I will see if I can get it in a sale or buy it used, I would love to purchase this brand new, but I dont want to buy a big game like this and end up leaving it on the shelf.

18 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Thats what I was afraid of, I will see if I can get it in a sale or buy it used, I would love to purchase this brand new, but I dont want to buy a big game like this and end up leaving it on the shelf.

I mean the game is fun and modding it adds to the experience but I don't think I've ever come across a game that poorly optimized.