Jump to content
Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
mont86

Game box or P.C. ?

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

I mean, you bought it already so it's probably not the best time to be doing a comparison 😂. It depends on what you want really. WIth PC, you get a lot more freedom and there is obviously a much larger choice of games as well for you. But the Xbox or even the PS4 is much easier to manage. The chances of there being a problem are low and you know that you can just buy a game and it will work with your console. Plus, it's a lot cheaper. 

Consoles aren't necessarily cheaper than a budget gaming desktop though and with a PC you can at least replace damaged parts quite easily while trying to do the same with a console involves voiding the warranty on the device as well as it is more like to go horribly wrong. Also to note is that most times fixing a PC is cheaper than a console.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Consoles aren't necessarily cheaper than a budget gaming desktop though and with a PC you can at least replace damaged parts quite easily while trying to do the same with a console involves voiding the warranty on the device as well as it is more like to go horribly wrong. Also to note is that most times fixing a PC is cheaper than a console.

The thing is, what kind of games can be run quite well on a budget gaming laptop or desktop? If you want to get into gaming on PC, I think people would want to be able to play a lot of games freely. I doubt games like Grand Theft Auto V could run well on a budget desktop. Plus, you also have to consider the exclusives. You will be missing out on games like Red Dead Redemption or God of War by not getting a games console.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The PC has more realistic and advanced graphics, some games which you can't play on Xbox, more customization and you can use the PC for many other things instead of gaming only. But it also might be more expensive to buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Keranov said:

The PC has more realistic and advanced graphics, some games which you can't play on Xbox, more customization and you can use the PC for many other things instead of gaming only. But it also might be more expensive to buy.

It is cheaper to build but most people don't want to put any effort into creating their own entertainment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Keranov said:

The PC has more realistic and advanced graphics, some games which you can't play on Xbox, more customization and you can use the PC for many other things instead of gaming only. But it also might be more expensive to buy.

I honestly can't tell the difference between PC and consoles when it comes to graphics these days. The playfield is far more even now than it used to be. Back in the 90's the gap was a lot bigger and you could actually tell the difference more clearly. Nowadays it's just such minor differences like texture quality and lighting effects that unless you look closely you won't be able to tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alyxx said:

I honestly can't tell the difference between PC and consoles when it comes to graphics these days. The playfield is far more even now than it used to be. Back in the 90's the gap was a lot bigger and you could actually tell the difference more clearly. Nowadays it's just such minor differences like texture quality and lighting effects that unless you look closely you won't be able to tell.

You must be trolling lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Keranov said:

The PC has more realistic and advanced graphics, some games which you can't play on Xbox, more customization and you can use the PC for many other things instead of gaming only. But it also might be more expensive to buy.

The PC obviously has the capability to outdo a console.  However, on the other hand, a console doesn't have the capability to outdo the best PCs.  

Well, from what I know,  a console cannot get upgrades of graphics and memory - or, at least, not as much as a PC - generally speaking.

Edited by Jayson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jayson said:

The PC obviously has the capability to outdo a console.  However, on the other hand, a console doesn't have the capability to outdo the best PCs.  

Well, from what I know,  a console cannot get upgrades of graphics and memory - or, at least, not as much as a PC - generally speaking.

I mean I can understand why consoles are popular but I agree, a PC can do anything a console can do plus WAY more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think PC seems to be better if you are on low budget. It can get expensive too. But you have to start somewhere with same specs as well. I have had a good experience with the old consoles too. Often they are out of warranty. So you have to adjust with that too. I guess it all depends on the people who can handle the gaming boxes. It can get pretty hard that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the performance of some games on consoles can be good. But considering these days many games require higher RAM and the other graphics mods. I think PC is going to win from 2019. And I am guessing many models with dedicated graphics is going to come as well. So at the end of the year we are going to see a lot of games supporting the PC officially. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2019 at 1:19 AM, skyfire said:

Well the performance of some games on consoles can be good. But considering these days many games require higher RAM and the other graphics mods. I think PC is going to win from 2019. And I am guessing many models with dedicated graphics is going to come as well. So at the end of the year we are going to see a lot of games supporting the PC officially. 

PC gaming cannot be stopped - more and more people are coming to the realization that consoles have serious limitations compared to what you can do with a PC and everybody is signing up. Even my brother who was a die-hearted PlayStation fan has made the jump to PC gaming and has no regrets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think compared to 90s where people had less money for PC in some regions. I think that part is changing. Now more people have access to money. And they can afford PC. So they don't want to buy console separately for gaming anymore. And in fact many people have smartphones. That shows that world is changing who knows we end up having more mobile based games than PC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...